- 313 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 6/5/15 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 185post #2761 of 50953/27/13 at 11:00am1)Denon AH-D2000 (MarkL Mod)2)Sennheiser Momentum3)Logitech UE60004)Sennheiser HD5555)Phiaton MS4006)V-Moda M-807)Sony XBA-3 (In-Ear)8)Logitech UE40009)Beats Mixr10)Sony MDR-XB60EX/GLD Extra Bass (In-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2762 of 50953/27/13 at 12:43pmpost #2763 of 50953/27/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by amigomatt
Joint 1st - Sennheiser HD598 and recabled Grado SR80s (Senns best for movies, chamber, small scale and acoustic stuff, Grados for metal/rock and faster/aggressive stuff).
2nd - Koss KSC75
3rd - Koss Portapro
4th - Beyerdynamic DT231
5th - JVC HA-S400
However, I've just ordered a pair of HifiMan HE-400s, so this list is bound to changes sometime soon!
This has just recently changed to
1st - HifiMan HE-400
2nd - Sennheiser HD598
3rd - AKG K240 DF
4th - Grado SR80 (modded)
5th - Koss KSC75
6th - Koss Portapro
7th - JVC HA-S400 (modded)
8th - Beyerdynamic DT231post #2764 of 50953/27/13 at 1:35pmpost #2765 of 50953/27/13 at 1:44pmpost #2766 of 50953/27/13 at 7:43pmpost #2767 of 50953/28/13 at 8:52pmpost #2768 of 50953/28/13 at 8:56pmpost #2769 of 50953/28/13 at 9:10pmpost #2770 of 50953/30/13 at 7:40am
Short list, but these are my top 3
1. AKG Q701 (with a 2db bass boost)
2. Modded Fostex T50rp
3. Vsonic GR01
I have a few other cheap headphones/in ears that I haven't used in months, so I won't bother listing them...
The Q701 with a slight 2db bass boost is the best headphone I've ever heard and makes me completely happy. I feel no need to own any other open headphones. The GR01 and T50rp are my portable and the latter being my portable with an amp outside the house headphones. The T50rp is good enough to use at home as well, but I just still prefer the sound of the Q701. The GR01 was a game changer for me. When I got them, they were the most accurate thing I'd heard, which eventually left me looking for a full size open copy of them. Which brought me to the Q701.post #2771 of 50953/30/13 at 7:48ampost #2772 of 50953/30/13 at 8:45ampost #2773 of 50953/30/13 at 2:12pmpost #2774 of 50953/30/13 at 2:52pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 40 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A in Silver & Brown - Gorgeous! Pristine! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for On-Ear headphones ~ $150 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)