- 514 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
The Denon AH C250 - it's like a pretty gold ring that doesn't fit every finger. Yes, it's good. Quite good. Yet the likability is highly dependant on what it's best at and what it...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 185post #2761 of 55773/27/13 at 11:00am1)Denon AH-D2000 (MarkL Mod)2)Sennheiser Momentum3)Logitech UE60004)Sennheiser HD5555)Phiaton MS4006)V-Moda M-807)Sony XBA-3 (In-Ear)8)Logitech UE40009)Beats Mixr10)Sony MDR-XB60EX/GLD Extra Bass (In-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2762 of 55773/27/13 at 12:43pmpost #2763 of 55773/27/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by amigomatt
Joint 1st - Sennheiser HD598 and recabled Grado SR80s (Senns best for movies, chamber, small scale and acoustic stuff, Grados for metal/rock and faster/aggressive stuff).
2nd - Koss KSC75
3rd - Koss Portapro
4th - Beyerdynamic DT231
5th - JVC HA-S400
However, I've just ordered a pair of HifiMan HE-400s, so this list is bound to changes sometime soon!
This has just recently changed to
1st - HifiMan HE-400
2nd - Sennheiser HD598
3rd - AKG K240 DF
4th - Grado SR80 (modded)
5th - Koss KSC75
6th - Koss Portapro
7th - JVC HA-S400 (modded)
8th - Beyerdynamic DT231post #2764 of 55773/27/13 at 1:35pmpost #2765 of 55773/27/13 at 1:44pmpost #2766 of 55773/27/13 at 7:43pmpost #2767 of 55773/28/13 at 8:52pmpost #2768 of 55773/28/13 at 8:56pmpost #2769 of 55773/28/13 at 9:10pmpost #2770 of 55773/30/13 at 7:40am
Short list, but these are my top 3
1. AKG Q701 (with a 2db bass boost)
2. Modded Fostex T50rp
3. Vsonic GR01
I have a few other cheap headphones/in ears that I haven't used in months, so I won't bother listing them...
The Q701 with a slight 2db bass boost is the best headphone I've ever heard and makes me completely happy. I feel no need to own any other open headphones. The GR01 and T50rp are my portable and the latter being my portable with an amp outside the house headphones. The T50rp is good enough to use at home as well, but I just still prefer the sound of the Q701. The GR01 was a game changer for me. When I got them, they were the most accurate thing I'd heard, which eventually left me looking for a full size open copy of them. Which brought me to the Q701.post #2771 of 55773/30/13 at 7:48ampost #2772 of 55773/30/13 at 8:45ampost #2773 of 55773/30/13 at 2:12pmpost #2774 of 55773/30/13 at 2:52pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 11 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 12 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 17 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 29 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 45 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › 1989 VS 2017............M.............E!! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Soundcard or Amp+Dac ? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...