- 462 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
DUNU TITAN 3 Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807020/dunu-titan-3-review-by-mark2410 Brief: DUNU’s Middle...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 185post #2761 of 54213/27/13 at 11:00am1)Denon AH-D2000 (MarkL Mod)2)Sennheiser Momentum3)Logitech UE60004)Sennheiser HD5555)Phiaton MS4006)V-Moda M-807)Sony XBA-3 (In-Ear)8)Logitech UE40009)Beats Mixr10)Sony MDR-XB60EX/GLD Extra Bass (In-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2762 of 54213/27/13 at 12:43pmpost #2763 of 54213/27/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by amigomatt
Joint 1st - Sennheiser HD598 and recabled Grado SR80s (Senns best for movies, chamber, small scale and acoustic stuff, Grados for metal/rock and faster/aggressive stuff).
2nd - Koss KSC75
3rd - Koss Portapro
4th - Beyerdynamic DT231
5th - JVC HA-S400
However, I've just ordered a pair of HifiMan HE-400s, so this list is bound to changes sometime soon!
This has just recently changed to
1st - HifiMan HE-400
2nd - Sennheiser HD598
3rd - AKG K240 DF
4th - Grado SR80 (modded)
5th - Koss KSC75
6th - Koss Portapro
7th - JVC HA-S400 (modded)
8th - Beyerdynamic DT231post #2764 of 54213/27/13 at 1:35pmpost #2765 of 54213/27/13 at 1:44pmpost #2766 of 54213/27/13 at 7:43pmpost #2767 of 54213/28/13 at 8:52pmpost #2768 of 54213/28/13 at 8:56pmpost #2769 of 54213/28/13 at 9:10pmpost #2770 of 54213/30/13 at 7:40am
Short list, but these are my top 3
1. AKG Q701 (with a 2db bass boost)
2. Modded Fostex T50rp
3. Vsonic GR01
I have a few other cheap headphones/in ears that I haven't used in months, so I won't bother listing them...
The Q701 with a slight 2db bass boost is the best headphone I've ever heard and makes me completely happy. I feel no need to own any other open headphones. The GR01 and T50rp are my portable and the latter being my portable with an amp outside the house headphones. The T50rp is good enough to use at home as well, but I just still prefer the sound of the Q701. The GR01 was a game changer for me. When I got them, they were the most accurate thing I'd heard, which eventually left me looking for a full size open copy of them. Which brought me to the Q701.post #2771 of 54213/30/13 at 7:48ampost #2772 of 54213/30/13 at 8:45ampost #2773 of 54213/30/13 at 2:12pmpost #2774 of 54213/30/13 at 2:52pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Aurisonics Tri-Tabs for Rockets 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr 2 & Bifrost Multibit 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Auglamour AG-R8! 5 minutes ago
- › Stax Omega Mk1 (SZ1) 6 minutes ago
- › DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse