- 364 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 185post #2761 of 51363/27/13 at 11:00am1)Denon AH-D2000 (MarkL Mod)2)Sennheiser Momentum3)Logitech UE60004)Sennheiser HD5555)Phiaton MS4006)V-Moda M-807)Sony XBA-3 (In-Ear)8)Logitech UE40009)Beats Mixr10)Sony MDR-XB60EX/GLD Extra Bass (In-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2762 of 51363/27/13 at 12:43pmpost #2763 of 51363/27/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by amigomatt
Joint 1st - Sennheiser HD598 and recabled Grado SR80s (Senns best for movies, chamber, small scale and acoustic stuff, Grados for metal/rock and faster/aggressive stuff).
2nd - Koss KSC75
3rd - Koss Portapro
4th - Beyerdynamic DT231
5th - JVC HA-S400
However, I've just ordered a pair of HifiMan HE-400s, so this list is bound to changes sometime soon!
This has just recently changed to
1st - HifiMan HE-400
2nd - Sennheiser HD598
3rd - AKG K240 DF
4th - Grado SR80 (modded)
5th - Koss KSC75
6th - Koss Portapro
7th - JVC HA-S400 (modded)
8th - Beyerdynamic DT231post #2764 of 51363/27/13 at 1:35pmpost #2765 of 51363/27/13 at 1:44pmpost #2766 of 51363/27/13 at 7:43pmpost #2767 of 51363/28/13 at 8:52pmpost #2768 of 51363/28/13 at 8:56pmpost #2769 of 51363/28/13 at 9:10pmpost #2770 of 51363/30/13 at 7:40am
Short list, but these are my top 3
1. AKG Q701 (with a 2db bass boost)
2. Modded Fostex T50rp
3. Vsonic GR01
I have a few other cheap headphones/in ears that I haven't used in months, so I won't bother listing them...
The Q701 with a slight 2db bass boost is the best headphone I've ever heard and makes me completely happy. I feel no need to own any other open headphones. The GR01 and T50rp are my portable and the latter being my portable with an amp outside the house headphones. The T50rp is good enough to use at home as well, but I just still prefer the sound of the Q701. The GR01 was a game changer for me. When I got them, they were the most accurate thing I'd heard, which eventually left me looking for a full size open copy of them. Which brought me to the Q701.post #2771 of 51363/30/13 at 7:48ampost #2772 of 51363/30/13 at 8:45ampost #2773 of 51363/30/13 at 2:12pmpost #2774 of 51363/30/13 at 2:52pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Help with deciding what to do!!! 40 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 41 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Which headphones to buy? I have a few requirements. 1 minute ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 1 minute ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2