- 544 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 7/10/15 at 11:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 185post #2761 of 56793/27/13 at 11:00am1)Denon AH-D2000 (MarkL Mod)2)Sennheiser Momentum3)Logitech UE60004)Sennheiser HD5555)Phiaton MS4006)V-Moda M-807)Sony XBA-3 (In-Ear)8)Logitech UE40009)Beats Mixr10)Sony MDR-XB60EX/GLD Extra Bass (In-Ear)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2762 of 56793/27/13 at 12:43pmpost #2763 of 56793/27/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by amigomatt
Joint 1st - Sennheiser HD598 and recabled Grado SR80s (Senns best for movies, chamber, small scale and acoustic stuff, Grados for metal/rock and faster/aggressive stuff).
2nd - Koss KSC75
3rd - Koss Portapro
4th - Beyerdynamic DT231
5th - JVC HA-S400
However, I've just ordered a pair of HifiMan HE-400s, so this list is bound to changes sometime soon!
This has just recently changed to
1st - HifiMan HE-400
2nd - Sennheiser HD598
3rd - AKG K240 DF
4th - Grado SR80 (modded)
5th - Koss KSC75
6th - Koss Portapro
7th - JVC HA-S400 (modded)
8th - Beyerdynamic DT231post #2764 of 56793/27/13 at 1:35pmpost #2765 of 56793/27/13 at 1:44pmpost #2766 of 56793/27/13 at 7:43pmpost #2767 of 56793/28/13 at 8:52pmpost #2768 of 56793/28/13 at 8:56pmpost #2769 of 56793/28/13 at 9:10pmpost #2770 of 56793/30/13 at 7:40am
Short list, but these are my top 3
1. AKG Q701 (with a 2db bass boost)
2. Modded Fostex T50rp
3. Vsonic GR01
I have a few other cheap headphones/in ears that I haven't used in months, so I won't bother listing them...
The Q701 with a slight 2db bass boost is the best headphone I've ever heard and makes me completely happy. I feel no need to own any other open headphones. The GR01 and T50rp are my portable and the latter being my portable with an amp outside the house headphones. The T50rp is good enough to use at home as well, but I just still prefer the sound of the Q701. The GR01 was a game changer for me. When I got them, they were the most accurate thing I'd heard, which eventually left me looking for a full size open copy of them. Which brought me to the Q701.post #2771 of 56793/30/13 at 7:48ampost #2772 of 56793/30/13 at 8:45ampost #2773 of 56793/30/13 at 2:12pmpost #2774 of 56793/30/13 at 2:52pm
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Singularity 19 5 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 5 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 5 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 6 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 6 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear