Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for reference headphones Last post on 7/18/12 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 176post #2626 of 36181/28/13 at 6:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2627 of 36181/28/13 at 6:46pmpost #2628 of 36181/28/13 at 6:56pm
1. HD600 - Jazz, Rock, Pop
1. D2000 - Electronic, Reggae, Hip Hop, Funk / groove oriented music
4. HD25-1 II - my on the go cans
Edited by Audionaut - 2/22/13 at 11:08ampost #2629 of 36182/1/13 at 4:22ampost #2630 of 36182/7/13 at 2:16pm
I sold my Sennheiser HD 439's. I'm without cans once again. Not sure what I'm gonna get next, but I'd really like the very best BUDGET cans they make, that are balanced in sound sig, with maximum clarity, separation, comfortable, and for someone on a budget ($50.00-80.00). Any tips?post #2631 of 36182/7/13 at 2:27pm
1. Sennheiser HD598
2. Bose On-Ear
Ashamed i thought the Bose were good, high end phones. But.. I still use them as wear and tear phones on the buss, any suggestions for good value portable replacements?post #2632 of 36182/7/13 at 5:07pm@ Grumus
The koss portapro are very good bang for Buck headphones. They are extremely portable, I always have one in my school back pack as a backup and they are good for watching a movie in the bus.
But I guess the boses are good for that purpose too. And you're looking for something better.post #2633 of 36182/7/13 at 5:40pm@IEMagnet01
The SR60i is what I'd recommend, It very clear, pretty balanced sound sig (a bit trebly, not much bass), although Grados are not known for their comfort. They can be great DIY projects too :Ppost #2634 of 36182/7/13 at 11:40pmpost #2635 of 36182/8/13 at 12:52ampost #2636 of 36182/8/13 at 1:52amQuote:
If you wan't looks, comfort, isolation and value when it comes to sound look the Philips Downtown. The Uptowns are pretty good too but costs a little more.
JVC S500 are a very good sounding on-ear but don't have the comfort of a Bose or Downtown.
You should look at the JVC FXD70 however if you are after good sound under 100$ but now we are talking about in-ears. The new Hifiman in-ear may also be a serious bang for buck as is the Sony MH1C.post #2637 of 36182/8/13 at 2:03ampost #2638 of 36182/8/13 at 2:42am
The Downtowns look very good and philips say they have a natural and clean sound, which I am after. Will have to test them out when my bose finally give up. I have tried and owned a few in-ears (sennheiser CX300, JAYZ three among others) but i never have liked the fit (small ear canals?) . They always seem to fall out when I am on the move so I always tend to take on ears outside. Thanks for the suggestions!post #2639 of 36182/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Grumus
The Downtowns look very good and philips say they have a natural and clean sound, which I am after. Will have to test them out when my bose finally give up. I have tried and owned a few in-ears (sennheiser CX300, JAYZ three among others) but i never have liked the fit (small ear canals?) . They always seem to fall out when I am on the move so I always tend to take on ears outside. Thanks for the suggestions!
You won't have any problems with the FXD70 falling out as you where them with a deep fit and I also like to have them around-the-ear which makes them impossible to fall out.
If I use these foam tips I can wear them for hours without any discomfort. Only if you have really tiny ear canals can fit be a problem. I have small ear canals myself and can only have the tips in small and the fit is tight but not an issue.
Nothing I have tried be it on-ear or over ear sound as good for the price as these. Extremely clear and engaging sounding with good timbre, balance and imaging. They will make your CX300 and Jays sound very mediocre. Isolation and build is also very good. For 60 bucks they are a steal.post #2640 of 36182/8/13 at 4:08am
Headphone ranking in terms of head time (which is usually due to comfort, fun, and getting lost in the music):
1) Denon AH-D7000 (Lawton Angle Pads)
2) Sennheiser HD 600
3) Koss KSC75
4) Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 (Beyer Gel Pads)
5) Koss TBSE1 (ATH-M50 Pads)
6) Grado SR225i (Headphile C-Pads &/or L-Cush Pads)
7) Audio-Technica ATH-M30
8) Audio-Technica ATH-M50
9) Koss Porta Pro
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 second ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 6 seconds ago
- › jpop ...yea looking for a headphone 48 seconds ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › WOO AUDIO COMPARISON THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014,... 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 3 minutes ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe