Recent Images In This Thread
- itemAKG Acoustics K 271 Studio
- itemAKG K1000
- itemAKG K501
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 250 Headphones Ear Cup
- itemEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphones
- itemEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In Ear Earphones Black
- itemGrado SR125i Headphones
- itemGrado SR225i Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD 280 Headphones
- itemSennheiser HD 580
- itemSennheiser HD 600
- itemSony MDR V6 Monitor Series Headphones With CCAW Voice Coil
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 3/13/11 at 6:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for reference headphones Last post on 7/18/12 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
Related Head Gear
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 176
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2627 of 29591/28/13 at 6:46pmpost #2628 of 29591/28/13 at 6:56pm
1. HD600 - Jazz, Rock, Pop
1. D2000 - Electronic, Reggae, Hip Hop, Funk / groove oriented music
4. HD25-1 II - my on the go cans
Edited by Audionaut - 2/22/13 at 11:08ampost #2629 of 29592/1/13 at 4:22ampost #2630 of 29592/7/13 at 2:16pm
I sold my Sennheiser HD 439's. I'm without cans once again. Not sure what I'm gonna get next, but I'd really like the very best BUDGET cans they make, that are balanced in sound sig, with maximum clarity, separation, comfortable, and for someone on a budget ($50.00-80.00). Any tips?post #2631 of 29592/7/13 at 2:27pm
1. Sennheiser HD598
2. Bose On-Ear
Ashamed i thought the Bose were good, high end phones. But.. I still use them as wear and tear phones on the buss, any suggestions for good value portable replacements?post #2632 of 29592/7/13 at 5:07pm@ Grumus
The koss portapro are very good bang for Buck headphones. They are extremely portable, I always have one in my school back pack as a backup and they are good for watching a movie in the bus.
But I guess the boses are good for that purpose too. And you're looking for something better.post #2633 of 29592/7/13 at 5:40pm@IEMagnet01
The SR60i is what I'd recommend, It very clear, pretty balanced sound sig (a bit trebly, not much bass), although Grados are not known for their comfort. They can be great DIY projects too :Ppost #2634 of 29592/7/13 at 11:40pmpost #2635 of 29592/8/13 at 12:52ampost #2636 of 29592/8/13 at 1:52amQuote:
If you wan't looks, comfort, isolation and value when it comes to sound look the Philips Downtown. The Uptowns are pretty good too but costs a little more.
JVC S500 are a very good sounding on-ear but don't have the comfort of a Bose or Downtown.
You should look at the JVC FXD70 however if you are after good sound under 100$ but now we are talking about in-ears. The new Hifiman in-ear may also be a serious bang for buck as is the Sony MH1C.post #2637 of 29592/8/13 at 2:03ampost #2638 of 29592/8/13 at 2:42am
The Downtowns look very good and philips say they have a natural and clean sound, which I am after. Will have to test them out when my bose finally give up. I have tried and owned a few in-ears (sennheiser CX300, JAYZ three among others) but i never have liked the fit (small ear canals?) . They always seem to fall out when I am on the move so I always tend to take on ears outside. Thanks for the suggestions!post #2639 of 29592/8/13 at 3:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Grumus
The Downtowns look very good and philips say they have a natural and clean sound, which I am after. Will have to test them out when my bose finally give up. I have tried and owned a few in-ears (sennheiser CX300, JAYZ three among others) but i never have liked the fit (small ear canals?) . They always seem to fall out when I am on the move so I always tend to take on ears outside. Thanks for the suggestions!
You won't have any problems with the FXD70 falling out as you where them with a deep fit and I also like to have them around-the-ear which makes them impossible to fall out.
If I use these foam tips I can wear them for hours without any discomfort. Only if you have really tiny ear canals can fit be a problem. I have small ear canals myself and can only have the tips in small and the fit is tight but not an issue.
Nothing I have tried be it on-ear or over ear sound as good for the price as these. Extremely clear and engaging sounding with good timbre, balance and imaging. They will make your CX300 and Jays sound very mediocre. Isolation and build is also very good. For 60 bucks they are a steal.post #2640 of 29592/8/13 at 4:08am
Headphone ranking in terms of head time (which is usually due to comfort, fun, and getting lost in the music):
1) Denon AH-D7000 (Lawton Angle Pads)
2) Sennheiser HD 600
3) Koss KSC75
4) Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 (Beyer Gel Pads)
5) Koss TBSE1 (ATH-M50 Pads)
6) Grado SR225i (Headphile C-Pads &/or L-Cush Pads)
7) Audio-Technica ATH-M30
8) Audio-Technica ATH-M50
9) Koss Porta Pro
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 seconds ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 7 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › April Music Eximus DP-1 3 minutes ago
- › Best ear tips for Triple Fi.10? 3 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › Modded JVS S500 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe