Ranking headphones is cool - but should be done by supplementing a) music preferences and b) DAC / amp combo. Just to add some value to the equation. IMHO.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productAKG K 271 Studiotagged by System, 3/24/11
- productAKG K501tagged by System, 10/8/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productEtymotic Research ER6 Isolator In-Ear Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/11
- productGrado SR125i Headphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 3/24/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/8/10
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSennheiser HD-600tagged by System, 3/24/11
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Movie Scores/ Classical/ Symphonies Last post on 7/29/11 at 8:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for Radiohead Last post on 3/6/13 at 6:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggest me a replacement for my ATH-M50's (something like AKG-K701) Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for reference headphones Last post on 7/18/12 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Rank the Headphones that You Own. - Page 161post #2401 of 359710/26/12 at 10:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2402 of 359710/26/12 at 10:15amQuote:
ALAC > Ipod Touch 4th > E11 > bass setting 1 > K550
ALAC > Rockboxed Clip Zip ($30 from ratshack)> +3db bass setting > W4 ($212 from innmotion)> wide bore tip mod - double flange ($2 from china)post #2403 of 359710/26/12 at 10:24am
I've recently sold my Klipsch S4i's, Sony XBA-1's, Soul L99 by Ludacris, and V-Moda Vibratos..due to my purchasing the UE Tri-fi 10's (still waiting for them to arrive via UPS). So my list has diminished significantly...but here's my list of IEM's ranked...
1) Meelectronic A151
2) AKG Q350
3) UE 500
4) Monoprice 8320
5) Altec Lansing Ultra 606
6) Sennheiser CX300II
7) V-Moda Bass Freq Metal
8) Plantronics Backbeats
9) JVC HA-FX40
10) Skullcandy Ink'd Rastapost #2404 of 359710/26/12 at 11:31am
Sennheiser HD 600
Koss TBSE1 (ATH-M50 Pads)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 (Beyer Gel Pads)
Grado SR225i (Headphile C-Pads)
Koss Porta Pro (PX200 Pads)
Sennheiser HD 202
post #2405 of 359710/26/12 at 11:48ampost #2406 of 359710/26/12 at 12:02pm
No.post #2407 of 359710/26/12 at 12:05pm
Lets take a random example:Quote:
1. Denon D5000
2. Senn HD650
3. Senn HD600
4. AKG Q701
5. Denon D2000
What is the rationale for ranking like this? It is of course correct, but based on what? Classical music? Dubstep?
The music genre is more significant than the equipment feeding it.
Edited by Loevhagen - 10/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #2408 of 359710/26/12 at 12:21pmpost #2409 of 359710/26/12 at 12:35pmQuote:
Not that series - Just having a little fun. Like if you had to pick 1 - 5 all else aside, which ones would it be?
Or if there was a fire in the house and you had the chance to grab 1 headphone - which one would it be - type of question.post #2410 of 359710/26/12 at 12:35pm
Classical (e.g. Mariann Thorsen & Trondheimsolistene)
Country (e.g. Josh Turner, Jamey Johnson)
... and so onpost #2411 of 359710/26/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Would you say there's to much bass in the LCD-3 for Classical?post #2412 of 359710/26/12 at 12:54pmpost #2413 of 359710/26/12 at 12:59pm
He, he. Tricky question.
No - I would say the two others convey a "brighter" sounds signature that fits subject genre better. Others may feel different and that's OK of course. Having said that, classical is not my favorite genre - nor is country. But, I listen to these genres and enjoy it in between other preferences of music.post #2414 of 359710/26/12 at 1:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loevhagen
He, he. Tricky question.
No - I would say the two others convey a "brighter" sounds signature that fits subject genre better. Others may feel different and that's OK of course. Having said that, classical is not my favorite genre - nor is country. But, I listen to these genres and enjoy it in between other preferences of music.
I see you don't list any closed head phones. Not your cup of tea?
- Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Backup headphones 26 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 or Sennheiser Momentum? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Re: Attenuator/impedance matcher for HE-6 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi