- 279 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: manhattan
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 12/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - tubed preamp w/Headroom circuit and headphone jack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
|Originally posted by Zebra
Counterpoint supposedly also licensed the technology from Headroom, but I have yet to see any Counterpoint's with it in place.
Line1 SE vs Headroom revisitedwow , what a great search engine. I get an email that someone has (mistakenly) commented to a thread I was part of over 4 years ago! I don't do as much with HeadFi as I should, but I'll do a brief follow-up after looking over all I wrote years ago.
Even though much of the rest of my system has changed, the SFI Line1 has remained, though now much improved -- BB volume control chips, the perfect tube combination, new AC power cord and conditioning, hifi tuning fuse, a full SE factory upgrade of all signal path passive components to the best available, pearl tube coolers, various vibration damping and isolation, etc. And I just recently picked up a 2003 stepped -attenuator Headroom Max now being upgraded with their 2007 Max modules and HEXFRED power supply diodes.
But the Max -- even with its 2003 reference modules -- definitely had the upper hand over the greatly-upgraded Line1 with headphones. Subtle improvements, but consistent. Remember the Line1 headphone amp board is unchanged from its 1997 design, but it's getting a cleaner input signal from the upgraded preamp section. Comparing the Max and Line1 as preamps was more surprising: they sounded damn-near-identical, surprising for any 2 preamps, much less the totally differing design approaches between these two. When I get my Max back next week, it might even sound better
So with all the headphone amps that are available now vs 2002, buying the Line 1/2/3 for headphone duty only would be a monumental waste of space, money and electricity. I still think it remains one of the best designed and flexible preamps out there anywhere near its used price. I often DO listen to headphones with it when I want a more relaxed less clinically revealing music experience than the best headphone amps -- it certainly doesn't suck, but probably any HP amp over $500 will sound better...
To necro this. i just found a SFL-2 in my house, but i cant seem to find a headphone jack. Are they 3pin balanced jacks?
If I remember correctly the SFL-2 doesn't have a headphone output. I think the headphone circuit was one of the added features in the Line series. I had an SFL-1 back in the day which I replaced with a Line-1.
- Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - tubed preamp w/Headroom circuit and headphone jack
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Hottest Sonic Electronix deals and promotions. 57 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Tera Player 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACport 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear