- 279 Posts. Joined 6/2001
- Location: manhattan
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by nightmancometh, 12/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 4/3/17 at 11:11pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - tubed preamp w/Headroom circuit and headphone jack - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
|Originally posted by Zebra
Counterpoint supposedly also licensed the technology from Headroom, but I have yet to see any Counterpoint's with it in place.
Line1 SE vs Headroom revisitedwow , what a great search engine. I get an email that someone has (mistakenly) commented to a thread I was part of over 4 years ago! I don't do as much with HeadFi as I should, but I'll do a brief follow-up after looking over all I wrote years ago.
Even though much of the rest of my system has changed, the SFI Line1 has remained, though now much improved -- BB volume control chips, the perfect tube combination, new AC power cord and conditioning, hifi tuning fuse, a full SE factory upgrade of all signal path passive components to the best available, pearl tube coolers, various vibration damping and isolation, etc. And I just recently picked up a 2003 stepped -attenuator Headroom Max now being upgraded with their 2007 Max modules and HEXFRED power supply diodes.
But the Max -- even with its 2003 reference modules -- definitely had the upper hand over the greatly-upgraded Line1 with headphones. Subtle improvements, but consistent. Remember the Line1 headphone amp board is unchanged from its 1997 design, but it's getting a cleaner input signal from the upgraded preamp section. Comparing the Max and Line1 as preamps was more surprising: they sounded damn-near-identical, surprising for any 2 preamps, much less the totally differing design approaches between these two. When I get my Max back next week, it might even sound better
So with all the headphone amps that are available now vs 2002, buying the Line 1/2/3 for headphone duty only would be a monumental waste of space, money and electricity. I still think it remains one of the best designed and flexible preamps out there anywhere near its used price. I often DO listen to headphones with it when I want a more relaxed less clinically revealing music experience than the best headphone amps -- it certainly doesn't suck, but probably any HP amp over $500 will sound better...
To necro this. i just found a SFL-2 in my house, but i cant seem to find a headphone jack. Are they 3pin balanced jacks?
If I remember correctly the SFL-2 doesn't have a headphone output. I think the headphone circuit was one of the added features in the Line series. I had an SFL-1 back in the day which I replaced with a Line-1.
- Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - tubed preamp w/Headroom circuit and headphone jack
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 17 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 40 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--FW1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Experience Head One 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear