Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 827
I think Jahn should sell his sr200's so that he can get the new MS 2 fatties. I for one would be very keen to hear his impressions.
post #77 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
The beyers have the "groovalizer" trademarked, while grados are known to be the "Rockalizer." Technically, the SR225 is the Rockalizer, but who's to say the SR60 can't wear that mantle too?
How 'bout the title "Budget Rockalizer" for the SR60?
post #78 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I think Jahn should sell his sr200's so that he can get the new MS 2 fatties. I for one would be very keen to hear his impressions.
evil.
post #79 of 827
'Ulitmate Giant Killer' should suit better for sr60,
post #80 of 827
Good thread. It reinforces the point that one does not neccesarily need expensive kit to enjoy music. I have not heard the SR60, but owned the SR80, but really the only reason why I got rid of it was its comfort... I cant stand to wear them, but apart from that, I would say it did have good groove.

To me, a groovalizer is simply a headphone that makes you forget about listening to hifi and enjoying the music - regardless of its technical merits. This is why I still have my Beyers.
post #81 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahn
The beyers have the "groovalizer" trademarked
Well, Lini has moved the trademark to his AKG and put the beyers under funkalizer.
post #82 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
The SR-60s are one of the most underrated headphones here.
Actually, no. The SR60's have been discussed to death and back in the 3 1/2 years i've been here. I'm sure most folks know they are a great deal and a bargain headphone to own, if they like the Grado signature sound which many head-fiers don't.
post #83 of 827
Please, would anyone clarify how better, if anything, is the MS-1 over the SR60?
post #84 of 827
You're all bastards.

I just ordered pair from Todd to see what all the fuss is about. Sure hope I like 'em.
post #85 of 827
How well are they build?? Can they stand some beating in a bag, er will the driver break or somethin like that??
post #86 of 827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
You're all bastards.

I just ordered pair from Todd to see what all the fuss is about. Sure hope I like 'em.

You will love em...did you get the flat pads too??

I am using them with the stock pads every night (comfort)

Mesmerizing!!
post #87 of 827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido
How well are they build?? Can they stand some beating in a bag, er will the driver break or somethin like that??

Ive trashed them around in my laptop backpack, luggage, pockets (one driver in and the other driver out)

So yeah...they sure can take a beating...
post #88 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
You will love em...did you get the flat pads too??

I am using them with the stock pads every night (comfort)

Mesmerizing!!
I did not. $30 seems a bit much for pads, especially when the cans themselves only set me back $67.10 (on sale for $62.10, plus $5 for shipping). I may go for the 414 pads later, though, as those are quite a bit more reasonably priced.
post #89 of 827
hmm... now I'm only one question away from getting some myself. I've tried to use my sr 225 on the bus, and walking around the city.
But I've had 2 problems. I did not want my expensive cans to get damaged, and the cord was just too long.

Getting the sr 60 would remove my first consern, but will it remove my second??
post #90 of 827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido
hmm... now I'm only one question away from getting some myself. I've tried to use my sr 225 on the bus, and walking around the city.
But I've had 2 problems. I did not want my expensive cans to get damaged, and the cord was just too long.

Getting the sr 60 would remove my first consern, but will it remove my second??

The cord is the same length...but I coil it up and place it in my pocket.

Alternatively - Larry of Headphile (or you yourself if you are so inclined) might be able to install thinner , flexible and shorter cabling.

Should be pretty easy to do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread