or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 866
i love reading this thread..keeps my confidence up until my Grado's get here tomorrow or Monday.
post #272 of 866
Thread Starter 
I pulled out the disks on the grille of the SR-60 just for cosmetics. I dont know if it affects the sound and I dont care
post #273 of 866
For $69, the SR-60s have got to be the greatest bargain out there. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site. Most would be very happy and their wallets would thank them.
post #274 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelongwood
. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site.
A very good proposal, that nobody follows. The SR60 is so good that they (me) get greedy and want more.

Georg
post #275 of 866
Just adding my appreciation to this thread.

The SR60s introduced me to hi-fi head-fi. I'm not in the mood to gush over a personal electronic accessory. I love you SR60, nuff said.

P The D, SR60 fanboy for life!
post #276 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeberg
The RS pads are more comfortable than Comfies to me, and the 414 pads are the way to go if you want to save some bank getting flats-like sound.

Here too, the RS pads are cheap, comfier than stock, and sound better too!
To which pads do you refer? And by RS I assume you mean Radio Shack?
post #277 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWFokker
To which pads do you refer? And by RS I assume you mean Radio Shack?
Yep, RadioShack, maker of cheap crap, but rare gems in some cases. The pads are model #33-379. Go to their site and search "33-379"-I'd link it, but the site gets errors when I do that(is it Firefox? Baahhh, Firefox is bomb!) No special modifications are needed, and they fit like stock comfies for the most part. They are as inexpensive as the Sennheiser HD414 replacement pads, and if you have an RS in your area, that's a plus.
post #278 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
I pulled out the disks on the grille of the SR-60 just for cosmetics. I dont know if it affects the sound and I dont care
Ahh comon you must care a bit or you wouldn't be sacrificing your wallet for the sake of headphones lol
post #279 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelongwood
For $69, the SR-60s have got to be the greatest bargain out there. My recommendation to all newbies would be to buy a pair of these gems and never come back to this site. Most would be very happy and their wallets would thank them.
It's a GOOD hint, in a moment of craziness I sold my Grado SR-60... I miss them.

However, yes the Sr-60 can give a full satisfaction, they have a musicality that few headphones can achieve.

Bye
Andrea
post #280 of 866
Does anyone recommend quarter-modding (or half-dollar-modding) the RatShack pads? I got a pair, and they have noticably better bass with a tad bit less comfort - but I like them still.

Would modding these suckers make them even better?
post #281 of 866
I don't know about the Radio Shack pads, but my modded HD414 pads sound better AND are more comfortable.
post #282 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sottilde
Does anyone recommend quarter-modding (or half-dollar-modding) the RatShack pads? I got a pair, and they have noticably better bass with a tad bit less comfort - but I like them still.

Would modding these suckers make them even better?
I've modded a spare pair of RS pads. They don't give much of an improvement, certainly not like what you get with HD414 pads. You can still try it to see what you think, but I'd say get a set of spares to do it to.
,
Abe
post #283 of 866
I'm late, didn't see this thread earlier. I agree 100%, I love thre SR-60. Bought a pair about four years ago and have loved them since day one. I've been through a lot of cans in the past few years and can honestly say the SR-60's bring as much joy as anything I have heard - period. I have the SR-225's and SR-60's and like the 60's just as much as the 225's - even more so at times. I use Senn 414 pads with mine. Big fan here.
post #284 of 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
I'm late, didn't see this thread earlier. I agree 100%, I love thre SR-60. Bought a pair about four years ago and have loved them since day one. I've been through a lot of cans in the past few years and can honestly say the SR-60's bring as much joy as anything I have heard - period. I have the SR-225's and SR-60's and like the 60's just as much as the 225's - even more so at times. I use Senn 414 pads with mine. Big fan here.
me, too...been away for a while and didn't see this thread. i love the sr60 and recommend it often around here...i think they're the best value headphones period. so much sound for so little money.
post #285 of 866
I've tried nickel and quarter modding some RS pads and like them just the way they were so I went back to plain RS. But I did try to take the discs off the sides and ended up breaking the plastic grills(I got bearclaws for hands)... so I had to decapitate the cups and replace the grills with my own silver mesh I found at the hardware store. When I put it back together I found I liked the sound better anyways(can't describe it, just sounds less..airy maybe?), so it worked out great and the silver screen material looks cool anyways.
I think my exploits are done with these headphones.. they truly put out enjoyable sound so why bother with more? lol
Time to start tinkering with my 7.1 THX Home Theater again 8 )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread