Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
The cord is the same length...but I coil it up and place it in my pocket.

Alternatively - Larry of Headphile (or you yourself if you are so inclined) might be able to install thinner , flexible and shorter cabling.

Should be pretty easy to do.
sounds cool, exept that the recabling cost 90$. Thats alot, even more than the headphones them selves!!!

but i think i will get some anyway
post #92 of 821
Bright and colored
No soundstage
Horribly uncomfortable
Crazy listening fatigue

Sold my Sr-60 after a month... Just to add a different voice to this thread which is full of fuzzy feelings about Sr60.
post #93 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by wali
Bright and colored
No soundstage
Horribly uncomfortable
Crazy listening fatigue

Sold my Sr-60 after a month... Just to add a different voice to this thread which is full of fuzzy feelings about Sr60.

All grados - not much soundstage.

John Grados - bright,colored, fun.

Listening fatigue. John Grados do that to me too. 'Cept the Alessandros.

Uncomfortable. Only bowls still kill me. The MS-1s hurt until i learned to bend that headband as per the Grado instructions lol.

End result - Joe grados#1, then Alessandros, then John Grados. Love that Grado sound, but not without reservations. But the plusses totally outweigh the minuses.
post #94 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by wali
Sold my Sr-60 after a month... Just to add a different voice to this thread which is full of fuzzy feelings about Sr60.
Wali, a 95% senn man myself here ... but what other phones do you think give better bang for the buck than sr60 ? Agreed they're far from ideal phones, but at that price ??
post #95 of 821
I must say... I listened to the SR-225's yesterday, and I liked them *very* much.

In fact, one of the things that surprised me was that the soundstage was *not* inexistent. It was actually quite decent, and the instrument separation seemed pretty good. I also like the very perceivable clarity there was to everything (perhaps b/c of brightness), and how much I found myself moving my leg up and down to the music

Oh, and I love the BASS. Just as punchy/impactful as I'd read it would be.

But yeah, to keep this post more on-topic, I didn't think that Grado phones are sounstage-less by default (didn't listen to the SR-60s though).
post #96 of 821
To attempt crashing the party.
I'd just skip the SR60 and buy myself MS-1 or Beyer DTX900 (for <100€).

Anyway it's already a restricted party, because, you know, we poor Europeans will pay SR60 nearly 140€.
post #97 of 821
And I paid $663 for second hand Grado RS-1's, which is a bargain! Their/they're/there ;-) equivalent to $1400 when new

Uk locale.
post #98 of 821
Hi
I just got my Grado 60
Although it is much more dynamic than my ancient hd565, I hear much details. Also, it is not as comfy (I have bowl pads) as senn.

Overall, good headphone
post #99 of 821
I had the SR60 for a little under one month before trading them in for a brand new set of RS1s. I absolutely loved the SR60s, but with the price of the RS1 being what they were, every penny I could scrounge up to offset the price helped. I got $45 for them in trade in credit. I thought the SR60s were great headphones. Yeah, the RS1s are in a league of their own. I'm looking for a portable amp to make the RS1s really sing.

You know, I've been reading these threads on the HP1/HP2....my wallet can't take the abuse.
post #100 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincuttermd
I had the SR60 for a little under one month before trading them in for a brand new set of RS1s. I absolutely loved the SR60s, but with the price of the RS1 being what they were, every penny I could scrounge up to offset the price helped. I got $45 for them in trade in credit. I thought the SR60s were great headphones. Yeah, the RS1s are in a league of their own. I'm looking for a portable amp to make the RS1s really sing.

You know, I've been reading these threads on the HP1/HP2....my wallet can't take the abuse.
Did you mention the hp-series???? Welll step right up because this is the thread. RS-1's I am a self-confessed RS-1 fanboy unashamedly. Like it, I love it. SR-60's I am so excited awaiting their arrival I think I gonna pee myself
post #101 of 821
Doh! I just ordered a pair of SR-60s from Todd too. I used the own the old MS-2s and the SR-325s, I thought they were awesome. I decieded to sell them and I now have a HP-2. I guess I skipped the first step of buying the SR-60s and jumped into the MS-2s. Well now I really need to hear the SR-60s to see if the hype of being the best bargin cans on he market.

Thanks guys........
I told myself no more headphone purchases.......
post #102 of 821
Thread Starter 
Oh man...

I think I just created another FOTM

Guys - just promise me - No guns pointed my way if it doesnt work out for you...I love these headphones...if you end up hating them and come after me...I will sit on you with my considerable bulk LOL

post #103 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
Oh man...

I think I just created another FOTM

Guys - just promise me - No guns pointed my way if it doesnt work out for you...I love these headphones...if you end up hating them and come after me...I will sit on you with my considerable bulk LOL

Don't worry We'll only spike your drink with pure alcohol before you do the NYC marathon. Should be fun watching you weave through the runners for 26 miles
post #104 of 821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Don't worry We'll only spike your drink with pure alcohol before you do the NYC marathon. Should be fun watching you weave through the runners for 26 miles

I'll probably just lift a leg, pee and then rollover and sleep for 26 hours
post #105 of 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari
Oh man...

I think I just created another FOTM
man, i tried my best
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread