Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread - Page 50

post #736 of 818

i just got my sr60i's in with hd414's pads that are quarter modded and reversed.... i love them.... definately a winner when i wanna listen to punk rawk or rock in general.... amazing!

post #737 of 818

Photo on 2010-07-04 at 02.27.jpg

1. Jumbo pads.

2. Driver holes punched out.

3. Felt damping on the magnet back and back of the rear-grill button.

4. Felt damping on the inner walls of the air chambers.


Edited by Bilavideo - 7/4/10 at 3:12am
post #738 of 818

just got my pa2v2 in.... i now see (or hear rather) what everyone is saying that they go well together

 

IMG_0321.jpg

post #739 of 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

just got my pa2v2 in.... i now see (or hear rather) what everyone is saying that they go well together

 


Agreed! I just got one too.

post #740 of 818

Broke these babies out for the car ride back to school. Straight out of iPod. Pure. Fun. Wished the ride was longer!

post #741 of 818

The Grado SR-60i are a rip-off. There is no appreciable difference in sound quality between the older Grado SR-60 and the new Grado SR-60i except that John Grado wants an extra $10.00 USD. I auditioned both on my home audio system and with various portable digital players over the course of a week. This is not the same as saying that both the older and newer headphones both sound bad so don't misconstrue my words. Both sound good with great upstream components driving them. These are still my favorite go-to headphones for most of my listening sessions.

 

I just wish that John Grado did not have to charge a higher price for the newer Grado SR-60i, but that is my only quibble.

 

post #742 of 818

It's the "i". $10 is not bad for an "i". Works for Apple.

post #743 of 818

I have had my SR-60's since 1998 and it's been one of my best audio purchases ever. Originally I bought them for use with a good old Technics portable CD player from 1994 (Pre "i-story"). I had an issue with the cable a couple of years later and needed new pads (the old style ones) and Grado fixed them and only charged my credit card for the new pads even though it was out of warranty. At $69+tax it's good sound for the money. I listen to a wide variety of music. If I did upgrade it would have to be either Grado HF2, balanced HD600's or Stax Sigma but I will never let go of my SR-60'S.

post #744 of 818

Just tried the sock mod and Bass is better.


Edited by Guy - 11/17/10 at 6:33am
post #745 of 818

I just received my sr60's and I am blown away! So much fun! smily_headphones1.gif

post #746 of 818

Some photos of these lovely headphones :-)

Enjoy.

DSC_4907.JPGDSC_4908.JPGDSC_4909.JPGDSC_4911.JPGDSC_4918.JPGDSC_4920.JPGDSC_4922.JPGDSC_4923.JPGDSC_4925.JPGDSC_4928.JPGDSC_4929.JPGDSC_4932.JPG


Edited by Impulsive - 6/22/11 at 2:37pm
post #747 of 818

I seem to only post in Grado threads these days. I might as well state that before somebody calls me out for it haha. Best cans on the planet hands down. I don't see why the "i" models would be better for me, I sleep with these damn things on for crying out loud!

 

Here are some of my babies:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=212190392135927&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219803858041247&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

 

Impulsive, gorgeous pictures, I might need you to take pics of my girlfriend sometime!

post #748 of 818

First cans, pretty amazing on what I was missing this entire time with sound. Posted photographs on the SR60i's page in the equipment section. 

post #749 of 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

 

Here are some of my babies:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=212190392135927&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219803858041247&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

 

Nice Pics!

 

Impulsive, gorgeous pictures, I might need you to take pics of my girlfriend sometime!

 

Thanks mate, I am glad you like them.

Regarding your girlfriend, anytime :-)

 

 

post #750 of 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

I seem to only post in Grado threads these days. I might as well state that before somebody calls me out for it haha. Best cans on the planet hands down. I don't see why the "i" models would be better for me, I sleep with these damn things on for crying out loud!

 

Here are some of my babies:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=212190392135927&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=219803858041247&set=a.212190302135936.53077.212189998802633&type=1

 

Impulsive, gorgeous pictures, I might need you to take pics of my girlfriend sometime!

you have some freaking awesome cans man
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The GRADO SR-60 Appreciation Thread