Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues. - Page 8

post #106 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone
Well actually... creative makes most if not all of the "guts" for the Dell DJ series.
I think Dell designs them and Creative builds them, so yeah all the "guts".
post #107 of 1335


post #108 of 1335
nice rig. i'm liking the RS-1 and SR71 setup.
post #109 of 1335
But, RS-1's with an iRiver? I hope you have FLAC's on it at least
post #110 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddy
But, RS-1's with an iRiver? I hope you have FLAC's on it at least
Unfortunately the h120 doesn't support flac. I rip with eac/lame -alt preset extreme. The sound quality is very good.
post #111 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner_Brown
Unfortunately the h120 doesn't support flac. I rip with eac/lame -alt preset extreme. The sound quality is very good.
Ahh I totally forgot, I actually just sold my H120 to get a Karma again. I use the APS standard, so I believe you when you say they sound damn good
post #112 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddy
Ahh I totally forgot, I actually just sold my H120 to get a Karma again. I use the APS standard, so I believe you when you say they sound damn good
My Karma arrived tomorrrow, I can't wait! Only pain is that waiting for it to charge that first time.
post #113 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottder
My Karma arrived tomorrrow, I can't wait! Only pain is that waiting for it to charge that first time.
Yeah that's the worst part. I'm excited to come back to it again, I realized that gapless was too important to me. Hey, at least you get to stare at the sexy lighted dock while it charges
post #114 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddy
Yeah that's the worst part. I'm excited to come back to it again, I realized that gapless was too important to me. Hey, at least you get to stare at the sexy lighted dock while it charges
I will have to take a picture of that
post #115 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottder
My Karma arrived tomorrrow, I can't wait! Only pain is that waiting for it to charge that first time.
in the karma quickstart guide, they say you can use the initial charging period to transfer music, which is what i did. i think my initial charge only took about 2 hours. you can even download RMM from rio's website now and organize your music to prepare for the karma's arrival I got my mindknob case today, finally. A pretty nice case. Good thing, too, cuz it's snowing.
post #116 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
in the karma quickstart guide, they say you can use the initial charging period to transfer music, which is what i did. i think my initial charge only took about 2 hours. you can even download RMM from rio's website now and organize your music to prepare for the karma's arrival I got my mindknob case today, finally. A pretty nice case. Good thing, too, cuz it's snowing.
Heh, I am such a damned geek, I already have RMM installed, I wanted to get a feel for what it is like. Should do the job just fine for my needs (as long as it transfers, I am happy).

I ordered a Minknob case, not sure if deliver got pushed back since I ordered the car mount as well. What color did you get? I went with the "Sharkskin".

Scott
post #117 of 1335
Just got my Mindknob case for my Karma today. I read somewhere that the case felt pretty loose on the Karma but it seems like they've fixed it or something, cause mine is on nice and snug. It was actually a PITA to get on because of the rubber grip on the side of the Karma. The case does add a little bulk to the already bulky Karma but it's a fair tradeoff for the protection you get.




If anyone wants anymore pictures, different angles and such, I can take more.

*NOTE* Those aren't wrinkles on the screen protector as shown in the picture, it's actually a reflection of my shirt.
post #118 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by UW Howie
Just got my Mindknob case for my Karma today. I read somewhere that the case felt pretty loose on the Karma but it seems like they've fixed it or something, cause mine is on nice and snug. It was actually a PITA to get on because of the rubber grip on the side of the Karma. The case does add a little bulk to the already bulky Karma but it's a fair tradeoff for the protection you get.
Looks pretty nice, when I get mine I'll post some pictures as well. I was intrigued by the Sharkskin one, so I grabbed it.

Scott
post #119 of 1335
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottder
Heh, I am such a damned geek, I already have RMM installed, I wanted to get a feel for what it is like. Should do the job just fine for my needs (as long as it transfers, I am happy).

I ordered a Minknob case, not sure if deliver got pushed back since I ordered the car mount as well. What color did you get? I went with the "Sharkskin".
Yeah, I like rmm better than the irivermanager and creative's musicsource or whatever it was. I bet your case will come today or tomorrow then, since both howie and I got ours. Probably all the ones on hold for the car mount got sent out on thursday. I got plain old black, or 'sleek' black, as I like think of it . The red looks good, howie. Good pictures, too; the lighting in my house is so bad I can't get good pictures. I'm impressed with the beltclip. Secure, but small enough to not get in the way.
Here is my setup, at the moment:



Note that that's just an empty altoids tin, playing the role of the amp I will be getting in a little while...ha...

post #120 of 1335
Yes the red looks nice to, my only concern with the lighter colors is them getting dirty. When did you place your order?

Scott
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of your Portable Rig II - The Journey Continues.