Hope you can provide detailed impressions of the M40fs Iguess they have been largely ignored here as opossed to the seemingly overhyped M50's I just wonder if they sound at least like a 50% of an M50 for their low price could be a very good budget choice
Related Forum Threads
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 2/16/15 at 4:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 2/11/15 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD650s are so cheap? Last post on 2/10/15 at 4:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Happy with my AT ath-m40fs... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol wow this thread is old. I auditioned both and I remember the M40s sounding smoother/flatter, especially in the treble. The M50s have much harsher top end. The M40s sounded a bit dull and lifeless compared to the aggressive sound signature of the M50s, with their boosted bass and treble. But take this with a grain of salt because this was back in 2009 (so my memory is fuzzy) and I doubt the M40s were properly burned in.
- Happy with my AT ath-m40fs...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 18 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 22 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Pono Player, black. mint cond, as new 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 1 minute ago
- › New french member 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 6 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2