Hope you can provide detailed impressions of the M40fs Iguess they have been largely ignored here as opossed to the seemingly overhyped M50's I just wonder if they sound at least like a 50% of an M50 for their low price could be a very good budget choice
Related Forum Threads
- Senn hd600 vs. Fidelio X1 Compare? Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying to find portable equivalent of HD600 Last post on 9/17/14 at 2:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best $300 Headphones Last post on 9/20/14 at 10:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 Last post on 9/19/14 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can't decided between the Fidelio X1, HD598, or HD600 Last post on 9/11/14 at 12:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Happy with my AT ath-m40fs... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
lol wow this thread is old. I auditioned both and I remember the M40s sounding smoother/flatter, especially in the treble. The M50s have much harsher top end. The M40s sounded a bit dull and lifeless compared to the aggressive sound signature of the M50s, with their boosted bass and treble. But take this with a grain of salt because this was back in 2009 (so my memory is fuzzy) and I doubt the M40s were properly burned in.
- Happy with my AT ath-m40fs...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 51 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › [FS] Schiit Magni and Modi combo [PENDING] 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)