Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions? - Page 2

post #16 of 255
LOL, I saw this on Gizmodo.com

Clicked on the link, and Head-fi popped up, at first I thought I clicked on the other window where I have Head-fi up usually.

-Ed
post #17 of 255
OMG that's my case!
post #18 of 255
What would u use to scrape the paint off of the tin?
post #19 of 255
I wonder if my iPod fits. I mean that relaly makes it more secure. Who steals an altoids tin? No one, ok everyone. Yet, hardcore robbers go for the iPod, kids go for the altoids.

It looks like its half an inch taller and half an inch wider, so I guess if I did get it to git it would be very tight.
post #20 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
What would u use to scrape the paint off of the tin?
actually i used the edge (not the blade) of a pair of scissors but you can also use a dremmel tool (make sure you dont scrape right through the tin) to get the paint off. its fairly tedious but worth it in the end because its no longer an altoids tin but rather a silver case.
post #21 of 255
Just curious, but is anyone else with the Altoids tin having trouble completely closing the case with the Zen inside when having felt at the top and bottom part of the case? If I don't include the felt at the top of the case the Altoids tin would completely shut but with the felt at the top, the case won't completely close at all. Maybe I should just try to find thinner felt or a mint tin that's slightly larger. Anyone else care to share any similar experience.
post #22 of 255
I actually tried to fit the ZM in there with the case it comes with, i tried to cut out piece the back so that it would fit because i thought it would, bummer, still doesnt fit because of the bottom is think on the case. I did that all cause i was to lazy to cut out the felt and make it the right size. If the case was just a little more thicker it would work great. O well....
post #23 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
I actually tried to fit the ZM in there with the case it comes with, i tried to cut out piece the back so that it would fit because i thought it would, bummer, still doesnt fit because of the bottom is think on the case. I did that all cause i was to lazy to cut out the felt and make it the right size. If the case was just a little more thicker it would work great. O well....
looks like you'll have to spend another $1.40 at least its really really really really cheap.
post #24 of 255
LOL... I actually didnt but it, my friend gave it to me. I really dont want to deal with having to make the case dont really have the time.
post #25 of 255
Yeah. I used a Myntz case, I think you can buy them online if you have a problem finding them. They're slightly thicker than an Altoids case and allows it to close all the way.
post #26 of 255
In the myntz case you can fit the micro inside of the case it comes with in it?
post #27 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyo21
Just curious, but is anyone else with the Altoids tin having trouble completely closing the case with the Zen inside when having felt at the top and bottom part of the case? If I don't include the felt at the top of the case the Altoids tin would completely shut but with the felt at the top, the case won't completely close at all. Maybe I should just try to find thinner felt or a mint tin that's slightly larger. Anyone else care to share any similar experience.
i used a sock to line the tin, no problems closing it.
post #28 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
i used a sock to line the tin, no problems closing it.
Not a used one, I hope
post #29 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCs_LCS
In the myntz case you can fit the micro inside of the case it comes with in it?

No, you can't. This isn't essential though because when the case is lined well, the Micro has all the protection it needs (to an extent).

I also used a Myntz case and could not line both the top and bottom of the case because while the case would close, it would not want to stay that way. I tried this with felt and thin foam.
post #30 of 255
if you cant line the top and the bottom use a plastic coated playing card. they're completely scratch free and very thin.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?