Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions? - Page 8

post #106 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRemixed
My altoids case has done more damadge to my player, than when i dropped it once, with scratches even with paper on the top the metal is weak and dents.

buy an actual case if you want protection from the creative site.
the problem with ur case is that u padded urs on the bottom, but not the top (im guessing). i don't get y ppl prioritize the back of their player above the front... you should pad the FRONT of your player and not the back. ive done this and haven't had any damage delt to my player AT ALL.
post #107 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGC
the problem with ur case is that u padded urs on the bottom, but not the top (im guessing). i don't get y ppl prioritize the back of their player above the front... you should pad the FRONT of your player and not the back. ive done this and haven't had any damage delt to my player AT ALL.
do you use an alotid tin?? If so, how did you make yours and what did you use?
post #108 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonGC
the problem with ur case is that u padded urs on the bottom, but not the top (im guessing). i don't get y ppl prioritize the back of their player above the front... you should pad the FRONT of your player and not the back. ive done this and haven't had any damage delt to my player AT ALL.
um no I put it on both sides
I'm just getting a good case now
post #109 of 255
Hey there, i've made close to 6 or so cases, might be making more and i'm going to sell them on ebay eventually, here's one of my personal tins:

post #110 of 255
i used an altoids tin w/ felt on the lid to protect the front, and then on the side i used a 4mm thick "FOAMIES" foam pad thingy.
post #111 of 255
are there any mint cases to fit the touch?
post #112 of 255
I know that this is for the altoid case(which i would def make if i got a micro), but i was looking for some advise.

I am about to buy a new mp3 player but still not exactly sure what im going to get. At first i was thinking iPod, obviously, but then i became more interested with the mini. but, heres the problem. i want to have music on the player other than cd's i own, but dont want to pay the 99 cents at itunes, but just almost got arrested for downloading on limewire. so, then i found out about Napster-to-go (for $15 a month, fill mp3 player as many times as you want) sounds great, but only three mp3 players work with it. creative micro, iriver h10 and dell pocket dj. the dell sucks so i know id go with the creative or the h10.( had the original Jukebox Zen at one time and loved it, too big now though.) so the real problem is: i like the mini but i want to use the napster to go which requires the micro or the h10.

any suggestions??

also, since i just realized this is a micro page, and that comments might be a bit biased, ive got a few question. done a lot of researching and this is what ive found.
1. is the touch pad too sensative??
2. ipod mini: .5 in depth, micro: .7 in depth. noticable??
3. Any Napster - to - Go users?? and if so, hows it work with the micro?

Please Comment, in need of much help. Thanks.
post #113 of 255
Double
post #114 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermurph18
also, since i just realized this is a micro page, and that comments might be a bit biased, ive got a few question. done a lot of researching and this is what ive found.
1. is the touch pad too sensative??
2. ipod mini: .5 in depth, micro: .7 in depth. noticable??
3. Any Napster - to - Go users?? and if so, hows it work with the micro?

Please Comment, in need of much help. Thanks.
1. For some yes, i found it too sensative for the first few weeks but then it really grew on me. Now i dont have a single problem navigating, its an annoyance at first but then you should learn the in's and out's of the touch pad in a week or so.

2. Yes. But yet the micro still appears to be smaller when in fact its not (volume wise). i guess its the surface area that you see on the face that makes you thing some thing is smaller or bigger, because when you look at the micro compared to the mini the micro just seems like its quite a bit smaller.

3. You should know that while napster to go is a great deal, its pretty much buggy as hell right now. Lots of people are having trouble setting things up the right way with both the H10 and the micro, but if your willing to spend the time in setting it up it sure looks like a great way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid-A
are there any mint cases to fit the touch?
Go check Costco
post #115 of 255
btw..I kinda stole cyclone's idea of using playing cards and I made the case within about an hour..

came out pretty good. I only cut one case and used that case for the rest, so first try was a success lol...

I used the backs of two playing decks(I wanted that classic/vintage/sophisticated look)..one blue, one red, a bicycle and the stud deck for the bottom and the top. I used erasers around all sides(by cutting up one of those big erasers into small pieces). I used some post-it-notes, folded it many times for special situations where I needed good padding but not a lot...electrical tape worked very well, plus I think it holds up to heat well (???..I hope lol).

anyways, the case is a success. One bad thing is that I have to open the altoid case to turn off/on the Micro. This can be a little bad because I have to get it out so much/open it and I don't like people knowing I got one, plus they stare at my case (I've gotten compliments already too)..

Interesting idea..

-EB
post #116 of 255
Ahh lets see the comments I have gotten on my Zen Micro, Zen Micro remote and e2c. Hmm on the zen micro everything was pretty cool everyone that my case was awesome and that it was an awesome idea and everything, some people said whats that and i told them what it was and they were like o like an ipod imitation. I was like thinking haha these retards know nothing about sound quality. And on my remote and e2c case that i have in my jacket pocket, everyone seems to think its like an imitation shuffle which is the most retarded thing, i guess its cause they cant see the cord to the micro but god, retards. e2c- most people said they looked like ear cleaners, i thought it was pretty funny cause the next best headphones i have seen at my school are the sony canalphones. Everyone has the sony clip ons or some stupid stock headphones. I feel really sorry for them, suffering with their bad music. And having to turn up their music all the way, draining their battery and ruining their ears just to get the kinda of music only sound i get. LOL My school would seem like n00bs if this were some kind of game with mp3 players and sound quality.
post #117 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonman111
Ahh lets see the comments I have gotten on my Zen Micro, Zen Micro remote and e2c. Hmm on the zen micro everything was pretty cool everyone that my case was awesome and that it was an awesome idea and everything, some people said whats that and i told them what it was and they were like o like an ipod imitation. I was like thinking haha these retards know nothing about sound quality. And on my remote and e2c case that i have in my jacket pocket, everyone seems to think its like an imitation shuffle which is the most retarded thing, i guess its cause they cant see the cord to the micro but god, retards. e2c- most people said they looked like ear cleaners, i thought it was pretty funny cause the next best headphones i have seen at my school are the sony canalphones. Everyone has the sony clip ons or some stupid stock headphones. I feel really sorry for them, suffering with their bad music. And having to turn up their music all the way, draining their battery and ruining their ears just to get the kinda of music only sound i get. LOL My school would seem like n00bs if this were some kind of game with mp3 players and sound quality.
are you in college or highschool???

I attend UIUC and people are pretty good with headphones, but there are SO MANY people here..kinda the probability factor...

I saw a guy wearing some grado/allesandro looking phones, wasn't sure which ones they were...Then when I was on the bus I saw some guy who looked like he was from germany (from his shirt) busting out some huge cool looking wooden headphones or something, I am not sure what they were but he was walking as if he was really enjoying himself (head-fi cloud nine I guess)..Then there is a guy in my psychology class who has some sort of canalphone with a cool seethrough-like wire w/foam tips on them, looked expensive, maybe the UM2's or e5c's..

I am sure there are more headphones, I just don't recognize all of them because I'm still pretty n00b.

Haven't seen a Micro + Altoid combo yet..AHA!! got one on yah e5c man..

I probably shoulda posted this in the "headphone sighting" thread...ok, well copy and paste it is..hah

-EB
post #118 of 255

little help

theres nowhere to really ask random questions so sorry, ill try here.

does anyone know how to exactly start a new forum. i was already told once that "you just go to the spot where the forums are listed and its in the lower left corner" it was something like that, i dont know. but does anyone have a better description?

thanks
post #119 of 255
Well it took nearly 4 days but it's done. I used craft foam to pad the sides and top and a piece of card for the bottom (another piece of foam was too thick. Then I took the tin apart - drilled a (messy) hole in the top which took a bit of work to sort out. I scraped all the paint off the base but didn't bother witht the lid in the end. I sprayed the whole lot with spray enamel which takes 48hours to dry not 24!!! Apart from a few blobs this all went very well. The I added the design using humbrol enamel tinlets over the next 2 days - c'est tut. As a recommendation I would definitely try and get some thinner foam for the back - the card is removing the "zen" wording on the back. I would also use a craft drill for the main hole as my hammer drill was a bit unwieldy. Will post a picture ASAP


www.geocities.com/the_angry_monkey/3quart.jpg
www.geocities.com/the_angry_monkey/top.jpg
www.geocities.com/the_angry_monkey/inside.jpg
www.geocities.com/the_angry_monkey/logo.jpg
post #120 of 255
Hey, I have enjoyed this thread and decided that I wanted to knock out a little tin for my zen too. This is pretty much your standard fare tin... the only thing that I wanted to mention is that I slit a piece of ground wire and pulled out the copper wire so that I could use the plastic casing to cover the rough edge. It seemed like no matter how much I ground the metal down, it was still sharp. Of course I had to fold the edge of the lid out a bit to allow it to pass easily over the plastic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Websites with Zen Micro altoids case instructions?