Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Compilation of portable amps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Compilation of portable amps - Page 5

post #61 of 169
The Z-audio Zmoy and pimeta amps are no longer offered. They will be replaced in about 1.5 months with an all new line of original designs.

-Z
post #62 of 169

Diy portable amps

I think we should also include the amps made by others DIYFS such as misterx, vodochile( ups don't remember how to spell it) and others. Im not saying that JMT is better or worse, I just think we should include all the manufacturers. it's more fair this way.

I also think this thread should be a sticky. how can it be done?


Manuel
post #63 of 169

new portaphile v2.0!!

I just went to the portaphile site and there is a new version of the porthaphile called v2.0 check it out the price is also different. It is now 175$

don't forget to change the price and name at the list.

Manuel
post #64 of 169
Thread Starter 
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemo
The Z-audio Zmoy and pimeta amps are no longer offered. They will be replaced in about 1.5 months with an all new line of original designs.

-Z
post #65 of 169
Thread Starter 
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos
I just went to the portaphile site and there is a new version of the porthaphile called v2.0 check it out the price is also different. It is now 175$

don't forget to change the price and name at the list.

Manuel
post #66 of 169
Thread Starter 
This might be a lot to add. This info is already available at each manufacturers website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
Another helpful column to add to the list would show which manufacturers allow a demo of their amps. It's so hard to choose an amp by web site hype and people's opinions. I need to buy audio w/ my ears. Examples: Electric Avenues and Shellbrook Labs allow returns after trying. Xenos and jmt audio don't.
post #67 of 169
Thread Starter 
Can someone help me out and list the DIYers (and their website) of the different amps. I will break this into a separate section. I assume the amps that would be included are: mint, pimeta, cmoy). Any other amps?
post #68 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghart999
This might be a lot to add. This info is already available at each manufacturers website.
True but it is something to think about before plunking down cash.
post #69 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghart999
Can you provide a link to a website? I would rather not list eBay auctions as the source if possible.
The website for the "Super Mini Mint Amp" is www.westernimpressions.ca but it is currently "under construction" right now...whatever that means. The only page that is active is the /archive page which shows some other amps he has built.
post #70 of 169
Here's a portable amp by Prelude audio:

http://preludeaudio.com/products/aud...mphony-II.html

And here's an amp made in Canada.

http://proaudio.8m.net/index.html

And Rockhopper audio makes

a mint:

http://homepage.mac.com/skatsaounis/...Audio/mint.htm

a PiMETA

http://homepage.mac.com/skatsaounis/...dio/pimeta.htm

and a PPA

http://homepage.mac.com/skatsaounis/...rAudio/ppa.htm
post #71 of 169
I have another one. This is not very liked around here, but this design was one of the first DIY headphone amps ever made and one of the first to be sold.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...?item=SP-HBA-2

And it's better than the headphone jack of any portable, albeit sometimes it tends to have a hiss, specially with sensible cans.
post #72 of 169
Thread Starter 
Thanks Onix. I have added all the amps you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onix
I have another one. This is not very liked around here, but this design was one of the first DIY headphone amps ever made and one of the first to be sold.

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...?item=SP-HBA-2

And it's better than the headphone jack of any portable, albeit sometimes it tends to have a hiss, specially with sensible cans.
post #73 of 169
Hey Z, did I get the last original ZMoy? I'm 'Ben' in the e-mails I sent you, if you knew my nickname instead of screen-name...
post #74 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious
Hey Z, did I get the last original ZMoy? I'm 'Ben' in the e-mails I sent you, if you knew my nickname instead of screen-name...
Second to last, yeah.
-Z
post #75 of 169
Damn. I mighta had a collector's item
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Compilation of portable amps