Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › Yulong U100  › Yulong U100 Reviews

Yulong U100 Reviews

Quadpatch

Yulong U100 - Amazing budget desktop DAC/amp

Pros: Powerful, transparent, RCA outputs, Line-in for Independent Amplifier use

Cons: Plastic volume control, stepping a little fiddly for sensitive headphones

I wrote this review for my blog yesterday and wanted to post it here to shout about this really great device. Yulong makes three models of DAC. Their flagship model (D18 Sabre) seems stunning but its difficult to compare to other models that I've reviewed because it's not exactly the most elegant solution for desktop headphones. Not only is the Sabre DAC sporting beast a lot more expensive but it's not combined with an internal headphone amplifier and perhaps more crucially has no USB input. For all of these reasons most desktop users will want to stick to likes of the U100 or D100 mkII. The U100 costs £172 and uses the Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC chip. The...
me109k6

Yulong U100 : Very High Quality All The Way Around

Pros: Well made, well engineered, sounds great - perfect match for my laptop

Cons: Nothing that I have noticed

This is my first Amp/Dac, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I use this with a pair of Shure 840's and it puts my laptop audio out jack to SHAME! It's like night and day...
project86

Nice compact USB DAC/amp combo for the price

Pros: Nice clear transparent DAC sound, warmish amp section that makes everything sound good, nice appearance and build quality

Cons: More power is always welcome

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540631/review-yulong-u100-compact-usb-dac-amp   Above is the link to my full review. In summary:   This is a great little USB DAC/amp for the price. Nice clear transparent DAC section paired with a somewhat warm and almost tube-like amp. There are plenty of good options out there in this price range, and the U100 is one of the best I've heard. Worth a try if you want a sub $250 USB DAC and amp combo.