Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Dedicated Source Components › DACs › Yulong Sabre D18 › Reviews › JohnsTO's Review

Great value for the money

A Review On: Yulong Sabre D18

Yulong Sabre D18

Rated # 1 in DACs
Quality
JohnsTO

Pros: Crisp and Clear

Cons: None yet

I had an entry level Arcam rPac and was impressed with how it made my music listenable again ;-) Needless to say within the month I was looking at the next level of performance but set a $1000 threshold for my next Dac.

From what I could tell, coax S/PDIF & Balanced outputs delivered the best sound in most setups. I researched similar Dacs for several months and considered the more mainstream units but eventually leaned toward vendors that had less features, accessories and marketing and more investment in the sound of the unit. For instance, do I really need a remote control for the Dac at my desk? A Led readout that never changes?

In the end I was sold by the direct simplicity of the Yulong for my needs and its capability especially with the Sabre chip running in 32 bit. The user reviews iced the cake and total cost was less than $1000.

I received the unit and it is still impressing me. I heard more depth in the music and a wider sound stage. The unit seems to work well with a wide variety of music types and genres.

Yulong is easy to deal with and responsive to the variety of emails sent their way.

All in all a great acquisition! If I do ever upgrade I will look at Yulong first.

Comments: