Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) Reviews

Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) Reviews

alexau123

Best Bang for Buck Open Air Headphone

Pros: Great Sound stage, Extended and thumping Bass, very light clamping on the head, very comfortable

Cons: Velour pads may be itchy at first

Amazing Headphone!  I got this from a deal which only costed me $60 including shipping.  What a steal!   Intro: I'm a uni student and is very interested in audio and headphones.  I currently own the ATH-M50 and the Focal Spirit One which both I enjoy a lot.  However, in receiving my HPH-200, I found myself picking up less of my other two headphones.   Build Quality: The build of the HPH-200 is not bad at all, however it is not as nice to look at as the M50 or the Spirit Ones.  The construction is rigid and doesn't seem to make any cracking noise as i stretch the headband which I sometimes can find on my M50s.   Comfort: This headphone is...
adevriesc

HPH-200 Review

Pros: Generously extended bass for an open can, good detail, good soundstage, I forget it is on my head (velour), portable.

Cons: Can sound veiled or heavy if you come from bright headphones, jack of all trades (master of none).

My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200.   If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that has detailed but punchy bass (a rarity), a nice soundstage (nothing to rant about), and a well tuned mid-high range these are your best bet. They will probably pair best with a neutral or cold amplifier... Otherwise I think the bass could be unbalanced. It doesn't seem to bleed into the mids. Sibilance only shows up if it is not dealt with by the musician's mixing team.   The HPH-200 can handle pretty much every genre...