Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) Reviews

Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) Reviews

harry501501

Fun and engaging listen

Pros: Bass is punchy and fun, playful soundstage, price to performance ratio

Cons: None at this price

I already had Sennheasier HD 25 iis which are great on-ear headphones but i wanted to try these after a good experience with the Yamaha EPH-200s. I really enjoyed the Yamaha house sound and these didn't disappoint. I'm more about the sound, but build wise they are really good quality. The white set are really aesthetically pleasing and quite trendy. They are light but well made and I'm not scared they'll break easily. They are super comfy and the pads rest just nicely on your ears. They are quite easy to get a good fit too. Sound - these are quality sounding earphones. they have a unique smooth, open and detailed sound coming out of them. Instantly you'll hear how BIG the sound is....
alexau123

Best Bang for Buck Open Air Headphone

Pros: Great Sound stage, Extended and thumping Bass, very light clamping on the head, very comfortable

Cons: Velour pads may be itchy at first

Amazing Headphone!  I got this from a deal which only costed me $60 including shipping.  What a steal!   Intro: I'm a uni student and is very interested in audio and headphones.  I currently own the ATH-M50 and the Focal Spirit One which both I enjoy a lot.  However, in receiving my HPH-200, I found myself picking up less of my other two headphones.   Build Quality: The build of the HPH-200 is not bad at all, however it is not as nice to look at as the M50 or the Spirit Ones.  The construction is rigid and doesn't seem to make any cracking noise as i stretch the headband which I sometimes can find on my M50s.   Comfort: This headphone is...
adevriesc

HPH-200 Review

Pros: Generously extended bass for an open can, good detail, good soundstage, I forget it is on my head (velour), portable.

Cons: Can sound veiled or heavy if you come from bright headphones, jack of all trades (master of none).

My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200.   If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that has detailed but punchy bass (a rarity), a nice soundstage (nothing to rant about), and a well tuned mid-high range these are your best bet. They will probably pair best with a neutral or cold amplifier... Otherwise I think the bass could be unbalanced. It doesn't seem to bleed into the mids. Sibilance only shows up if it is not dealt with by the musician's mixing team.   The HPH-200 can handle pretty much every genre...