Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone › Reviews › Lifted Andreas's Review

Best earphones for EDM!! Mainly for Trance :D

A Review On: Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone

Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone

Rated # 16 in Universal Fit
Lifted Andreas
Posted · Updated · 18127 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Amazing clarity, precision, separation and 3D'ness

Cons: Low bass is a little lacking, perhaps not as rumbly. Sub-bass is great!

Best ear-phones around $150 for EDM.

Can't go wrong with these. :D

---

EDIT (15/01/2015) (bought from Audio Affair UK for £60):

So, I got a second pair after selling my 1st a long time ago and plugged them into my X3 tonight again for a listen. All I have to say is WOW! I cannot believe I ever got rid of these, the IEM love of my life has returned. As I've been listening to Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for the past year and a bit the EPH100s are like a breath of fresh air for me (familiar air). Bass is again back in my ears, not to say that the Tenore bass is lacking, but the quantity and the quality is nowhere near the EPH100s standard. The way that the Yams involve you in the center stage is amazing, soundstage is way above average... 3D detailing is one of the best I've heard.

Just to mention one thing, Zero Audio Carbo Tenore come close with regards to low bass quantity when using the MEElec M6 dual-flanges.. however the quantity of sub-bass is still lacking. The control isn't quite on the same level as the EPH100 either.

I need to reunite myself a bit more with the sound before I can add any more to this review. However, its safe to say that once you got these beauties you should never get rid of them!!

Comments: