Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Sport › XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport › XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport Reviews

XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport Reviews

peter123

From Sweden with love

Pros: Fantastic sound, very comfortable, intersting concept with a custom made app

Cons: Only 3 pair of tips included, not waterproof, needs an app to perform their best

The XTZ Earphone Sports was sent to me by XTZ in Sweden in exchange for my honest opinion on them. I’d like to take the opportunity to say thank you to Olle (the CEO of XTZ) for giving me the chance to check them out, TACK! For people in the EU they’re available from here: http://shop.xtzsound.eu/shop/eu/earphones/xtz-earphone-sports At the time for this review the price was 90 Euro. I’m not in any way affiliated with XTZ.   About XTZ:XTZ is a Swedish company that’s been gaining a lot of praise for their great value for money speakers and subwoofers in Scandinavia for over ten years now. Since this is a brand that’s (still) quite unknown in large parts of the world and have a proud and...
Mr_Owlow

Amazing DSP earphones with lots of accessories

Pros: Great sound with DSP processing on, good sound with it off. Split chord length and an in-line microphone

Cons: App only available on iOS devices, music has to be stored locally (no iTunes Match)

Background I've had the JCV Victor FX500 / FX1000 earphones for several years now, and been very happy with the sound. The plug is now hanging on by a thread and I wanted something new before it breaks. After a bit of research I found out that XTZ, a company from my own country, had developed an earphone with DSP correction for the iPhone. There are two versions of these earphones, the EarPhone 12, which is just the phones, and EarPhone 12 Sports, which has an in-line mic, ear hooks and a clothes clip. The one thing I had been missing with the JCVs was a mic so I chose the Sports.   Design The housing, though it looks like metal, is made of durable plastic, something I think is...