Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Sport › XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport › XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport Reviews

XTZ EarPhone 12 Sport Reviews

Mr_Owlow

Amazing DSP earphones with lots of accessories

Pros: Great sound with DSP processing on, good sound with it off. Split chord length and an in-line microphone

Cons: App only available on iOS devices, music has to be stored locally (no iTunes Match)

Background I've had the JCV Victor FX500 / FX1000 earphones for several years now, and been very happy with the sound. The plug is now hanging on by a thread and I wanted something new before it breaks. After a bit of research I found out that XTZ, a company from my own country, had developed an earphone with DSP correction for the iPhone. There are two versions of these earphones, the EarPhone 12, which is just the phones, and EarPhone 12 Sports, which has an in-line mic, ear hooks and a clothes clip. The one thing I had been missing with the JCVs was a mic so I chose the Sports.   Design The housing, though it looks like metal, is made of durable plastic, something I think is...