Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Sound Cards › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte Reviews

Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte Reviews

pcharouz

Best external sound card for the masses?

Pros: Audio quality, build quality, software, versatility, price

Cons: not as powerfull as the xonar essense soundcards, more mainstream target

Build: the worksmanship is great, feels much less plasticky than i would have thought.  I pluging it straight into the usb on my win 8 64bit desktop, the card lit up and started working within seconds, hovewer when i tried to manually install all the software/drivers, it said it did not recognize my asus xonar u7?!? after 15mins, i have discovered that the USB switch was set to 1.1. Set it to 2.0 and everything was fine! Installed, restarted and started listening...   Testing: Bear in mind that i never had a dedicaded headphone amp, i plugged in my v-moda m80, and started listening to some Infected Mushroom- Im The Supervisor, Kanye West -Yeezus, and some oldies; all...
pietcux

Phantastic external PC solution with 192/24 capability for music and Dolby Home Theater V4 for movies and gaming

Pros: Very affordable Jack of all trades for PC and Laptop with no compromises regarding sound quality ; needs no additional power only USB

Cons: see non

A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew bigger and bigger and suddenly there was no space left for an internal soundcard and the onboard sound that Shuttle provided was kinda meh.... it was then when Asus decided to enter the game of PC sound with its Xonar line. Luckily for me they came with an external solution in form of the Xonar USB or later called U1. This small device was my little sound magician for some years. But someday the grafic cards like the Radeon HD 5700 just needed too much power from the little Shuttle barebone and...