Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Woodphones - by Blake Graham › Woodphones - by Blake Graham Reviews

Woodphones - by Blake Graham Reviews

White Lotus

"Woodphones" - Something you don't see everyday.

Pros: Options, design, comfort, open/airy sound, bass filters.

Cons: lean sub-bass, subjective looks, a few other niggling things.

Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering and installations. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts. My work environments consist mainly of: - live venues, - concert halls, - bars - nightclubs. - festivals - events I've taken a huge liking to headphones – recently, it's been full-size headphones. I like the idea of having my own personal PA system that I can tweak and tune. With Rockbox being in such advanced stages, and great software applications around, you can really seem to get any sound signature you wish out of a rig.   ***THIS IS AN ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE REVIEW, YOUR OPINIONS MAY VARY***   Enter, the...
SanjiWatsuki

A Beautiful Collection Piece

Pros: Very light-weight, low clamp, very comfortable. Good isolation. Perceived soundstage is wide.

Cons: Amping requierments surprisingly high. Bass quality leaves some to be desired.

Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone collection, the Woodphones will remain in my collection forever as a beautiful closed headphone with some solid positive sound qualities.    What really drew me to these headphones was the design and the customization options. FreqWood (then Architectural Woodphones) tried very hard to really put the experience with these headphones amazing. They came with a little plaque with my name on it as well as my name being burned on the inside of the headphones.   The woodwork looks great, the...