Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies › Reviews › Dogmatrix's Review

Call of a siren

A Review On: WooAudio WA7 Fireflies

WooAudio WA7 Fireflies

Rated # 8 in Amp/DACs
Quality
Dogmatrix

Pros: Beautiful amp Beautiful sound

Cons: Price

A truly stunning aesthetic combined with a high level of functionality and a beautiful sound suggests the Wa7 will be around for a while.

Purists may be turned off by the internal USB powered dac , LED enhanced tube glow and the lack of rolling options.

I think this unit will really appeal to people who may have been interested in a tube amp but worried about the potential problems.

The Wa7 is a set and forget solution just plug in switch on and relax.

Its now $999. and I think you got the optional tubes, for another $100. which would bring the price to $1099.
If only it had a balanced output.......
@Saraguie I wish it had a balanced output too, but its $1,000 for a great amp/DAC.
It's definitely one of the amps I feel has no need for balanced output.
Looking forward to trying in April it sure look nice.
I am in Australia so the 899 is stock tubes and inclusive of shipping.
I have a Violectric V181 and run my HE500 balanced out of that. In terms of sq the difference between the 181 and the WA7 is more about tube vs ss than balanced vs se so I am in agreement with Currawong on that.
Sounds like a nice, relatively simple, beginner tube amp.
Great review Domatrix, many thanks- loved it.
Where did you find it for 899?

Thanks,
Alan
Pre-order price for early birds got the black glass version too