Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Woo Audio WA5 LE › Woo Audio WA5 LE Reviews

Woo Audio WA5 LE Reviews

Redcarmoose

Woo Audio 5LE Headphone Amplifier

Product Standard Build Woo Audio 5 LE Headphone Amplifier   In this day of mass produced equipment it is nice to find a small boutique headphone and headphone amplifier company who are sincerely into it. So how does the selection process work? The big question is which amplifier to have these guys make for you, and why?    I have had tube equipment forever. My first mono amplifier was a gift from my Grandmother, something pulled out of an old early 1960s console unit. In the early 1970s solid state equipment was just starting to be put into use and almost everything had tubes. Everyone wanted the solid state equipment and no one wanted tubes. As children we...
Nosbig

WA5-LE Review: My Experiences

Pros: Very dynamic, vast soundstage, improvement in mostly all aspects over a WA6

Cons: HD800 can still be picky with certain tubes. But this is not this amp's fault!

My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it literally screamed quality. Then there is build. Without an industrial bender there is no way any part of the chassis bending at all. I have dealt with flimsy mass market chassis' before. I accidentally sat on my Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 chassis, and had to bend it back in shape in order to screw it back together.     The amp with stock tubes, is awesome in it's self. I was immediately treated to a sound that was superior my WA6/6GL7 in every way. The sound stage encompassing,...