Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Woo Audio WA22 › Woo Audio WA22 Reviews

Woo Audio WA22 Reviews

Asr

Good balanced tube amp

Pros: Very powerful; strong mid-range & soundstaging qualities

Cons: Lack of agility/speed & clarity

Originally published on February 22, 2010   Note: this review is an exact cross-post from post #1 of this thread on Head-Fi, which contains some user discussion on the review that may be relevant to read: http://www.head-fi.org/t/473873/mini-review-woo-audio-wa22   Below are my impressions of the Woo WA22 from while I owned it (October 2009 - February 2010). However, while I owned the amp for that long, I should add a disclaimer that I put in only 2 weeks of actual listening on the amp. This is only my opinion of the amp and even I might disagree with my own impressions later. This is not meant to be a full-length review especially given my limited listening time and I did...
ardilla

Fast, punchy and delicate

Pros: Fast, punchy and delicate

Cons: -

This wonderful amp deserves more reviews. I'll make a better write up later, but for now I just post a link to my WA2 vs WA22 comparison http://www.head-fi.org/t/615810/the-beauty-and-the-beast-wa2-vs-wa22
dmac03

Great tube amp

Pros: build quality, tube versatility

Cons: none (excpet you will spend lots on tubes)

I love this amp. Upgrades tubes are a must. It can soften the sound a bit - which can be a good or bad thing.