Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Woo Audio WA 6 SE › Woo Audio WA 6 SE Reviews

Woo Audio WA 6 SE Reviews

Joe-Siow

A tube amp that changed my general perception on tube amps

Pros: Clarity, transparency & soundstage

Cons: Price

I recently had the opportunity to listen to WA6SE on demo for 2 hours at the comfort of my home and this is my take on it. The DAC is DACport and the headphone used is LCD-2 Rev 2 if anyone is interested to know. The actual amp consists of 2 separate units; one is the actual tube amp while the second unit is a separate power supply to the amp. The 2 units would then be connected via a power supply umbilical cord. I have not actually listened to its predecessor, the WA6, before; as such I am not able to comment on the differences in sound signature or power. However, with a separate power supply added in this SE version, it should not be a far stretch to think that the sound produced...
MarkJnK

Everything I need in an Amp

Pros: Dynamic, powerful, and warm

Cons: Keeps me up at night.

After trying many amps, I had the opportunity to buy this one used at a great price.  One listen and I knew it was the amp for me. The sound just feels right, it is dynamic, warm and fast, and makes everything in my library sound just a little bit better.  Quality is off the charts, and looks are beautiful.  Paired with a Sophia princess Rectifier, the glow alone is hypnotic, add the music and you can listen all night (I sometimes do). ** Edit**  8 months later and I'm still blown away by this amp.  The honeymoon never ended.  I went through several amps and a dozen cans before settling on the WA6SE, DT990/600, and Grado GS1000.  My musical needs...
Gradofan2

One Of The Best!

Pros: Superb in all respects

Cons: None

With the upgrades, especially the Blackgate caps (now a collectors item), and the Sophia Princess rectifier, and Tung Sol 6FD7 or Raytheon 6EW7 tubes, the WA6 SEm is one of the best SE amps there is with all types of dynamic phones.  Get one - you'll love it.