Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › WESTONE UM2 TRUE FIT DUAL DRIVER EARPHONES UM 2 › WESTONE UM2 TRUE FIT DUAL DRIVER EARPHONES UM 2 Reviews

WESTONE UM2 TRUE FIT DUAL DRIVER EARPHONES UM 2 Reviews

kite7

UM2 has become my favorite IEM of all time. I've kept it this long because it's doing something right.

Pros: Good separation, pleasing midrange. Airy and engaging

Cons: Highs roll off

Intro: I must say the UM2 sounds better than the UM3x which I sold shortly after few months. In short; it sounds more articulate,airy and more expansive. The UM3x sounded too bloated,closed in and collapsed to me; the soundstage was too narrow and the UM2 doesn't share the same trait which is great. The mids were too forward and the bass was too much, the highs are too soft and delicate on the UM3x; it didn't have the balance the Westone 2 does. UM2 sounds quite different from the UM3x and I can't see how anyone can say the UM3x is a definite upgrade from the UM2 in sound other than having one extra driver which doesn't mean much. The Westone 2 is probably the IEM I've kept longest,...
Vanquishman11

Westone UM2

Pros: Great sounding, Variety of tips, Removable Cable, Fantastic Isolation (Up to 25 dB)

Cons: Incredibly dodgy build quality

This is my first review and I'm not an audiophile so bear with me. And due to my incredibly bad writing, this could be short. I had this earphone for about 2 weeks now. And during those 2 weeks, I've been listening to Jazz, Rock, Pop, Indie, Techno, and a little Dubstep via a ROTEL CD Player to a PIONEER A400AMP.   Design Ok, the design is a love it or hate it thing (In my opinion). They were meant for the Studio use. Its a clear shell and with the driver exposed. I personally like it. Cause it looks very professional, low profile and not in-your-face like Beats. The Cable is a black made from plastic. They are removable. And they're supposed to...
paddy567

Expensive, but good

Pros: built like a brick shithouse, good soundstage

Cons: isolation, price

I lost these on the train, and boy was I sad.   UM2 are good phones, the best thing about Westone is their almost legendary build quality. Make no mistake, these puppies are built to last: strain relief out the woozah, and a thick plastic housing that looks and feels tough. Westone's braided cables are also the best cables I've used; low microphonic and very tangle free.   Comfort is also great on these phones, like wearing nothing at all - especially with the supplied comply tips. However I did find - for my ears - that only the long comply tips provided significant isolation. Isolation with other tips was very average - these phones don't go very deep - and comply tips are so...