Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Westone UM2 stage monitors › Westone UM2 stage monitors Reviews

Westone UM2 stage monitors Reviews

Positive Reviews

Vanquishman11

Westone UM2

Pros: Great sounding, Variety of tips, Removable Cable, Fantastic Isolation (Up to 25 DB)

Cons: Incredibly dodgy build quality

This is my first review and I'm not an audiophile so bear with me. And due to my incredibly bad writing, this could be short. I had this earphone for about 2 weeks now. And during those 2 weeks, I've been listening to Jazz, Rock, Pop, Indie, Techno, and a little Dubstep via a ROTEL CD Player to a PIONEER A400 AMP.   Design Ok, the design is a love it or hate it thing (In my opinion). They were meant for the Studio use. Its a clear shell and with the driver exposed. I personally like it. Cause it looks very professional, low profile and not in-your-face like Beats. The Cable is a black made from plastic. They are removable. And they're supposed to go behind your...

Negative Reviews

Checkbox G

Disappointed

Pros: Loud, excellent noise isolation, highly detailed midrange

Cons: Poor bass response, cheap "boxy" bass, "pointy" overall sound

Disclaimer I bought these about 3 years ago, used them a lot and got to "know" them well. The (sort of a) good thing is: They still perform as good as they did when I first tried them on. But that was not too good. Back then I felt disenchanted: they somehow sounded unimpressive, which left me confused. I mean, I based my decision to buy the most expensive earphones I had ever owned solely on praises found online. Lots and lots of different reviews saying wonderful things. How come did I not like what I had heard? I did some more research and found one of those lauding articles saying "Earphones need a couple of days working. A "break in" time before they can deliver their best"....

More Reviews

TheOak

Excellent bass

Pros: Great bass, dual drivers

Cons: A little bulky, not cheap

I upgraded from a pair of UM1s because they didn't deliver the bass I wanted.  I used these while practicing the bass and listening to my iPOD.  The dual drivers really deliver a high fidelity sound with hard to believe bass for the size.  Warning: if you don't want to hear loud and clear bass that stands up in your ears, don't buy these headphones! or use an EQ.