Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Westone UM1 stage monitors › Westone UM1 stage monitors Reviews

Westone UM1 stage monitors Reviews

Mitchell4500

An Impulse buy that did not disapoint.

Pros: Price to sound quality

Cons: Bass kicks sound ... 'plastic'.

It was midnight and I was surfing ebay for fun like I normally do and saw these headphones on sale from a reputable USA seller. The deal was ending in 20minutes and there was only 1 pair left... 40 seconds of thought, debate, and action take place and next think I know ive spend $60 on headphones I dont need. I already have a pair of Shure SE315s that I love so I spent the next week waiting for the UM1s to come in listing to those and justifying my purchase as a set of "spares". I was also worried that I might like my cheaper UM1s than my $200 SE315s...   So my first test was probably the most insightful. I played a song on my Sansa Clip + connected to the UM1s... Listened to the...
fluffyberry

love 'em

Pros: compact size, minimal microphonics, great sound

Cons: star tips might be a bit painful

disclaimer: I'm still pretty new to this whole 'audiophile' thing so my impressions probably are not the most accurate. i don't own any so called 'high end' audio gear so all my comparisons will be done with respect to sounds in real life, against what instruments actually sound like in a band or when singing. all tracks used are either 320kbps mp3 or lossless CD rips on an iphone 4   build: build wise, i have no issues at all. i've been using them almost every day for the last 8-10 months or so, to and from school and everywhere in between. I've used them till the wires have curled into the memory wire-shape behind my ear, but the whole thing-cables and all, still working fine....
TheOak

Good for daily use

Pros: Inexpensive, small and light

Cons: Bass could be stronger

I was looking for a set of earphones for iPOD listening during my daily commutes.  I compared the UM1s with similarly priced earphones and found these to have the best bass response and overall quality.  After about 3 months of daily listening, I still craved more bass and upgraded to the UM2s.  Most of my friends wouldn't know the difference, but if you're a bass player, you would.
mackat

UM1

Great Build, Fit, everything   Cons: Sound is not for me, but it isn't bad. Too anylitical