Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Westone 4R with Removable Cables › Reviews › youngarthur's Review

A fantastic overall balance,very comfortable

A Review On: Westone 4R with Removable Cables

Westone 4R with Removable Cables

Rated # 11 in Universal Fit
youngarthur

Pros: Better soundstage than my 530. Mids blend into treble very well. Treble not harsh or sibulant

Cons: Plastic sleeve cut off,leaving about half inch for cable support.

I have had many in ear and,on ear phones over the years.I currently use hd800,and also the 4r. At 72 years old,my hearing has changed,so my thoughts might not be the same as yours.I found these needed burning in to get the best out of.Before burning in,i could not get comfortable with them,because of the plastic sleeve supporting the cable So having (VERY CAREFULLY!.) removed the sleeve,leaving about half inch for support,they are now,the most comfortable in ears ive ever had.The bass at first,seemed a little lacking,but blends very well into the mids without any noticeable overhang. The mids again blend well into the treble without any bleed. Having used a few different buds,i have got an even better seal,meaning the bass has improved somewhat,with greater depth to the overall soundstage,which I feel is deeper and wider than the 530. As we all have different ears,these  comments are the things I am hearing.They I am sure,not everyone elses!. Do  I fee it was worth changing to the 4r?. Yes without a doubt.BUT, if you have the 530 or 535 be happy.Those Shures are very good.

Comments: