Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Westone 4R with Removable Cables › Reviews › lup1's Review

Warm sounding , Good fitting earphones

A Review On: Westone 4R with Removable Cables

Westone 4R with Removable Cables

Rated # 7 in Universal Fit
lup1

Pros: Nice Punchy Bass, Wide U Shaped soundstage

Cons: Mids not as engaging as id like them to be.

So when I got the earphones my expactations where really high. These were to be my best and last earphones I'll have but it didn't happen. Overall the sound is warm and smooth . It is balanced and nothing really jumps out at you. The bass is as fast and snappy as I've ever heard , the midrange was sweet and nice and the treble quantity was just perfect.

Unfortunately I love Vocals to be more up front so I can enjoy them and have the rest of the music seperated and moved to the background and as i heard that the Westones are Mid-centric , thats what I expected to happen, but no. They treat all frequencies more or less equally.

All in all these are fantastic earphones which perform great in nearly all genres due to their balanced sound but also dont WOW you , dont jump out with anything at you. Objectively I can say that they are the best I've heard so far but I had to sell them as they werent anywhere close to the end of my journey - "My Audio Nirvana"

Comments: