Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Westone 3 True-Fit Earphones › Westone 3 True-Fit Earphones Reviews

Westone 3 True-Fit Earphones Reviews

Showing 4 5-star reviews (see all 7 reviews)

IcemanYVR

Best Earbuds for the $$$$

Pros: Customizable fit, good seal, great audio range

Cons: expensive, cord not replaceable

I first heard of Westone when standing in line for the iPhone 4. A guy in line had a pair of Westone 3's and let a few people try them. I was blown away, could not believe they were that much better than the BOSE IE I was currently using. After discovering the price, I put any thoughts out of my head of purchasing.   Fast forward a few months and after a stroke of good fortune, (the cat eating though the cord of my BOSE IE's) my wife said I should replace them with the Westone's (did I mention I have a great wife :) )   They come with about a dozen different ear pieces you can fit on the monitors, allowing most people with normally shaped eardrums to find the perfect...
budgetboy

Exactly what I wanted - Awesome

Pros: bass, treble, detail, aliveness, fit, comfort, isolation, looks

Cons: price for the average person. for me they were totally worth it

These with my Cowon J3 playing FLAC is just amazing. I wanted a simple portable setup and this is it. After experimenting with tips I settled on the Shure Olives. The complys were killing the treble and fell off easily. These preserve all the treble, and if i'm not mistaken, the bass is even punchier. Also, they stick on like crazy. It's really hard to get those tips off. But that's awesome for me as I am an on-the-go student who bikes a lot.   The Westone 3s with the Shure Olives sound great for every genre, but I am continually amazed at how great my FLAC trance compilations sound. A State of Trance et al are perfectly portrayed by these earphones. They also do an amazing job...
che15

Does everything very well

Pros: Same as title

Cons: nothing for the price

Love listening to these with my RSA shadow and Cable Pro Reverie LOD. My portable system makes great sound.