Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › VSONIC VC02 › VSONIC VC02 Reviews

VSONIC VC02 Reviews

MoonYeol

Great value, impressive sound at a low cost

Pros: Great sound, pretty neutral, extended, clear, great all round, deep insertion, replacable cables

Cons: Neutral, deep insertion, may be sibilant if not properly inserted (deep), grainy compared to high end sets, replacable cables

Summary: These require deep insertion. Once inserted they are neutral, extended and adaptable. They don't really have any sound signature that shines through recordings but instead adapts to what is being played. Great for the price. Very versatile.    I bought these used from a fellow head-fier. Coming straight from the GR07, they sounded bright, dry, flat, grainy and unrefined. However, just 2-3 songs into the audition I forgot all about them. The brain is great at getting used to small flaws. After that I just heard the great sound. They really show you what's in the music. If the music has plenty of mid bass, they play it for you, if the recording is cold and...
xengs

Simply the best!

Pros: The clarity and audio quality is incredible, the build quality is very good, and the price is AWESOME!

Cons: It might some time to get used to.

The worst part of it was the burn-in, really. You can't use them if they don't play music for 100 hours like the chinese tag on the cable says, they're too bright. But after 100 hours...   In a very short phrase, those earphones are the best you can get for this price; And if I had to describe using one word, that would be clarity. It's not just the highs, but the mids, and the bass are CLEAR!!! They're detailed, and, unlike similarly priced earphones, you won't feel they need to be EQ'd to reduce mud in the voice. Oh, and you'll discover some new instruments in your music :) What I was really surprised with was the bass though. It's very well balanced (It doesn't lack bass,...
autoexec

Love At First Sound

Pros: Clarity Above All (more transparent than RE-400s! O.o), Price-To-Performance Defier, Big sound for small drivers, Neutral/Analytical with good bass

Cons: Detachable cable can be bothersome to some people (although I never encountered any problems with it)

Truth is, I'm speechless with the VC02s. Shocked. But I realize I have to get over from being stunned by their awesomeness to be able to describe them well and how well they really perform. Note: This would be my first attempt to write a review as I really like them and want to share others how awesome they are! Clarity, I think is the most notable trait they possess. There is zero sign of muddiness or any hint of any part of the frequency clouding the whole spectrum. While they do not belong to the "enhanced (bass usually)" group, you can easily hear every instrument that is present in the recording. Not only hear every instrument, but they also effortlessly render what every instrument...
pro1137

Do it all, at a great price

Pros: Deep insertion, incredible isolation, very detailed, balanced sound, doesn't lack in any part of the spectrum, clean sounding, detachable cable

Cons: Deep insertion (uncomfortable for some), high microphonics if worn cable-down

How can I start this review.. There are so many incredible things that I can say about the VSonic VC02. So, so many. I came across the VC02 thread one day, and I felt compelled to buy a pair within minutes of reading. From what others were saying, it seemed the VC02 was outstanding.  When my VC02 arrived, I was extremely excited. Never had I been so excited about a pair of headphones before. The box was similar to other VSonic boxes- it showcased the VC02 and its very large selection of colorful hybrid tips. When I opened the box, I was graced with the sweet smell of a new electronic that I was so familiar with. I was elated. I took the VC02 out of its cavity in the...