Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)

Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)

Rated #206 in Universal Fit

Pros: Sound Quality, Price, Value, Sound Quality, Comfort, Flat Cable, Included variety of different size silicone tips, Did I say Sound Quality?

Cons: none at this time

These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from wal-mart because they had the lowest price at the time. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to wear a pair of pink IEMs, especially when they sound like these.

So, what am I comparing these Velodyne vPulse IEMs to?

Well, how about:

Xiaomi 2nd Piston? (2014)
Panasonic RPHJE120K (2014) Wirecutter's "Best Budget IEMs" (before the Brainwavz Delta came along - I think the Panasonic sound better)
Brainwavz Delta (2014) Wirecutter's current "Best Budget IEMs"
Philips SHE3590BK/10AKG K28? (2014)
Sennheiser CX300-B? (2008)
Ultimate Ears 200? (2009)
Skullcandy Titan? (2009)
Nuforce NE-600X-BLK (2014)
Acoustic Research AR - HP1030 (2011)

I can also say that they've exceeded the performance of both on ear & over the ear headphones that I've owned. Basically, these are the best I've ever heard.

V-Moda M80 (2013)

Audio Technica

Creative Aurvana Live! (2012)

Creative Aurvana Live! 2 (2014)

TASCAM TH-MX2 (2014)

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S

Monoprice 8323 (2013)

Superlux HD 681

Sennheiser PX100

Brainwavz HM5

Sennheiser PX200

A couple of those, on the list above, were supposed to have been great IEMs for bass response, but nothing came close to the vPulse. I'm not just referring to the bass response here either, because the entire frequency range is reproduced more accurately on the vPulse than on any other pair of headphones I've owned. It is amazing that, even with the amount of bass the vPulse deliver, nothing else in the frequency range is lost because the bass doesn't overwhelm anything, it just compliments the mids and the highs splendidly. You really owe it to yourself to try these.

I've been into the audio hobby for a long time and, while listening to the vPulse, I am hearing details / material in my music that I've never been able to hear before. Maybe it's because of coloration or a lack of the ability to reveal these details in the equipment I've used in the past, but it seems so unlikely that these elements would have escaped me for such a long time.

When I first started to listen to the vPulse I was really surprised by their overall sound signature and how wonderfully they reproduce many different genres of music. The vPulse is no one trick pony, no sir. These IEMs reproduce everything accurately. It is safe to say that my jaw was on the floor during my first listening session with the vPulse. All of my recordings are either WAV or FLAC files, because I wanted to preserve all the details that the artists put into their recordings, and to hear them reproduced when I listen to the music. The vPulse are the first to do such a fine job at delivering these details to my ears. I am truly gobsmacked.

I found these to be very comfortable to wear over an extended time period and they were never in danger of falling out of my ears. The included silicone eartips fit me just fine, which is a pretty rare occurrence for me. I would recommend that people purchase foam ear tips from Comply if they experience issues relating to discomfort or if the vPulse have a tendency to fall out of their ears - everyone is different and the Comply tips help to level the field, but they may alter the sound quality. The correct size to fit the vPulse is 400, then you choose the type that best suits your needs. More info on complyfoam dot com

At their current price of $39.99, these are, undoubtedly,.

If you're worried about the pink color, just tell people you support breast cancer awareness (which I do & I do).

Honestly, I can only remember a handful of times that I felt this way about a product that I've purchased before . These In Ear Monitors rank up there as one of the best purchases that I have EVER made. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

No member lists contain this item yet.
Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)

The vPulse in-ear headphones combine a secure fit with outstanding sound quality, making them the ideal choice for music and mobile calls whenever you want, wherever you go. The vPulse in-ear headphones feature precise, low-distortion audio quality due to its 10 mm driver and aluminum housing. Intuitive in-line controls also provide options for mobile phone calls, music playback and volume levels. The headphone's combination of advanced design, features and superior audio quality allow for hours of comfort and an overall incredible listening experience.

BindingElectronics
BrandVelodyne
EAN0660324003462
FeatureNoise reducing in-ear headphones create an all encompassing listening experience Unique design made with quality materials ensures longevity Multiple sized ear tips allow a consistent and comfortable fit during activities A thicker, stronger vPulse cable minimizes those annoying, messy tangles vPulse cable features intuitive phone, playback and volume controls
LabelVelodyne
ManufacturerVelodyne
Model80-VPULSE-BG
MPN80-VPULSE-BG
PublisherVelodyne
StudioVelodyne
TitleVelodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black)
UPC660324003462