Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › V-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black) › V-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black) Reviews

V-MODA XFLPR-GUNBLACK Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Gunmetal Black) Reviews

Tim-E

Bassheads heaven

Pros: Pleasing aesthetics, solid build quality, decent sound quality. (BASSSSSS)

Cons: Comfort is an issue for some (including sadly, me) bass can be overpowering on some recordings, soundstage

This is my first review here on head-fi. In the past I have owned quite a few headphones by skullcandy, but had not owned any high quality headphones until the LPs. I have owned these cans for approximately 3 months upon writing this review. I listen to mainly edm, house and some soft rock.     Design: These are IMO the most good-looking headphones I have ever seen. I didn't want any headphones that looked super geeky like the grados or the sennheisers so these hit the bulls-eye for me   Durability: These are also extremely durable, as they are made of metal mainly, with a little bit of plastic on the ear cups and on the part of the head band connecting to the ear...
scrypt

This Is Not a Review by Rene Magritte's Pipelayer

I don't intend to rate or review the festive Gunmetal Black Crossfade LPs.  I wish only to say what Head-fi's strangely inclusive database will not -- that I owned them ever-so-briefly but no longer do.     You can admire the look, build and accessories, but in order to keep the headphones themselves, you have to actually enjoy the way they sound.     Let that be a lesson to me.   I wanted to like the LPs -- really, I did -- only they triggered scary feelings from childhood sessions with a false memory syndrome therapist.  Either he chained me up in his basement and inserted angry bees into my hospital gown while forcing me to lip-synch to...
TheChronic

V Moda Crossfade LP Review

Pros: Comfortable, Good Bass, Good Quality, Nice controls, Good overall, good value

Cons: They are somewhat heavy, so they can be a little uncomfortable after about 2 hours of use.

I purchased these headphones  after narrowing down my search to Beats by dre solo HD and these. I actually tried the Solos, (I was hearing mixed reviews of them) and they were awful. I then tried on the V Moda Crossfade LPs, and it was the best feeling i ever got from a pair of headphones. I also got them on Amazon for 120.00, so i recommend getting them there instead of on the V Moda website for 250.00. As for the case and accessories, you can see that they really took their time making these. I love these headphones. And if you don't know already, STAY AWAY FROM MONSTER.