Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › V-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset with Microphone (Black, iPhone Compatible)

V-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset with Microphone (Black, iPhone Compatible)

Rated #468 in Universal Fit

Pros: High quality cable, iPod compatability

Cons: Fragile, extremely uncomfortable, average SQ

I owned a pair of these earbuds for the long daily journeys back an forth to University.  The come with a selection of different ear fittings and a small leatherette pouch to keep them in.

The Good

The sound quality of these units isn't bad.  It's a little lifeless and flat, but certainly nothing to complain about.  The units seem to be very easy to drive, hearing no difference between my amplifier or phone.

Secondly, they isolate just about as well as any other IEM, and are made from some high quality materials.  The inclusion of a mic for phone call is also a nice touch

The Bad

Firstly, the most terrible problem is comfort.  I have used a great deal of IEM, and these are by far the most uncomfortable earphones I have ever used.  I used to have to pull them out every 10 minutes to give my ears a rest.  I tried every single earpiece that came with them, but it seems the actual driver of the earphones is either too big or too sharp.  After 6 months of use, I was still getting pain from them, so I know it isn't a case of "getting used" to new phones.

Secondly, I read a lot of stories about people saying the V-Moda units are poorly built.  Know, I always take really good care of my gear, so this didn't really phase me.  I should have listened.  With in a few month on of my earphones lost all high frequencies - like some one had placed a LPF @~ 4Khz.  After lost of emails back and forth, and posting the units from the UK to the US - I received am email informing me that they would not be honouring my warranty because I purchased them from Amazon.

So really, I paid $99 for sore ears, and a few months of use.  To top it all of the sound quality was extremely unimpressive.

I certainly wouldn't recommend these to anyone - and if my experience with the v-moda customer service is anything to go by, I would urge people to say clear of this range.

V-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset with Microphone (Black, iPhone Compatible)

V-MODA's Vibe II Stereo Earbud Headset provides amazing high-definition sound with a minimalist all-metal design that integrates a discrete microphone that blends seamlessly with a durable black fabric cable. The microphone's convenient call and music control feature can easily switch between chatting on the phone and listening to your music library. New and improved features include a durable 45-degree plug that allows an optimal range of motion while maintaining a sleek and sturdy metallic core fused to a 24-carat gold-plated plug. Vibe II's ergonomic design is complemented by the comfortable and stable fit of soft silicone fittings, making it well suited for any active lifestyle. The V-MASQUE dynamic driver provides clarity and high-definition sound for optimum communication capabilities and the ultimate music listening experience. This dynamic driver pumps out vibrant bass, vivid mid-range, and vivacious highs. Noise-isolating (BLISS) technology reduces ambient noise and enables deep bass. The solid alloy metal craftsmanship creates a sculpted sound curve that your ears will love.

FeatureFour sizes of both black and clear silicone fittings provide a comfortable fit and sound isolation
Height5 inches
Material Type Set ElementMetal
Package Quantity1
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
TitleV-Moda Vibe II Earbud Headset with Microphone (Black, iPhone Compatible)
Is Autographed0