Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › V-MODA VAMP Headphone Amplifier › V-MODA VAMP Headphone Amplifier Reviews

V-MODA VAMP Headphone Amplifier Reviews

WiR3D

Impressions: Seriously good.

Pros: Clarity, Soundstage, build, dynamics, textured bass, crisp highs.

Cons: iPhone 4/4S only

So my Impressions:   Introduction I have said before, I am against selling what you win or are given, and I am not an apple fan, and have no interest in getting an iPhone. So what was I to do with the VAMP I just won? Well the original idea I had was to give it to my mother to troll around with with her K550's. But it seems fate had other ideas, my friend, helped me win the competition, he was the photographer. But recently he got committed to a psychiatric institution, and I went to visit him. He has an iPhone 4, and I was going to test it with my AKG K242HD and my Denon D7000. But i planned like a prized nob, his iPhone was just replaced, he had no music, and the...
songmic

$650 DAP for iPhone from Hollywood

Pros: A versatile portable DAC/amp with excellent build, design, sound quality and equalizer function

Cons: Usage limited to iPhone 4/4S, probably won't work with future iPhone models

I was one of, if not the first to order the VAMP through V-MODA's official website once it was put up for sale after months of rumors, speculations and advertisements. Featurewise, VAMP is a very unique product in many ways, and I'd like to discuss its functions and capabilities compared to other portable DAC's, amps, or DAC/amps before sharing my impressions.   First of all, VAMP is a portable DAC/amp for the iPhone 4/4S, but that doesn't mean its usage is strictly limited to an iPhone 4/4S. Although they won't fit into VAMP's case physically, you can also use other iDevices such as an iPod (including iTouch), iPhone 3GS, or iPad by with VAMP via a sync extension LOD (line out...