Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews

V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews

andr0id

Almost perfect

Pros: superb build quality, very portable, well balanced sound

Cons: not very comfortable for people with big heads, style could be less tacky-flashy, wind noise!

Got these babies as a present for my birthday half a year ago. I was looking to get audiophile-quality closed-back versatile headphones for everyday use. Please note: I tend to desribe deficiencies to further extent than the pros. Factor this in when reading the review below.   My use cases:   Listening to wide variety of music - mostly FLAC and 256-320kbps MP3. Sources: Laptop Realtek HD soundcard, workstation Asus Essence STI soundcard, Nokia n900 mobile, Samsung S3 mobile.   Amateur film production - on-set use for recording, mixing and monitoring. Use as reference editing monitors for final-cut sound mixing and editing. My other "studio" speakers are...
UpWaiting

Amazing looks plus the sound

Pros: Strong bass, Decent Mids and highs, Stunning Look

Cons: Cups seem a bit small, Possibly over did it on the cable

Hey head fi, I am very happy about these headphones just like said in the pros and cons, the only problem I have with the headphones is that I think they over did it on the cable. For example the plastic ruby on the end of the jack (This is really just personal preference). Other than that, these are perfect cans for the price.
rpommier

V-Moda Crossfade M-80

Pros: Deep Bass, Clear Sound, Case

Cons: Case a little bulky

I'm not an audiophile at all, but I've poked around here some for purchasing decisions. I upgraded to these from a pair of SOL-Republics, that I thought were awesome. But comparing the two I found the M-80 to be "Brighter"? if that means anything. The SOL Republics sounded a little weak in the mid-range, to me.   It took me awhile to appreciate the sound of the M-80's. After comparing these to my SOLS listening primarily to old school R&B, (Bobby Womack, Al Green, etc) I came to favor the M-80's over my SOL's and put them on eBay. They are more comfortable, and I like the single cord. It's a wash on compact storage. I would love if they swiveled for storage like the B&W...
rasnum

I've been searching for years and I'm so happy now!

Pros: everything!

Cons: still breaking in, a touch of a rattle with jazz horns at high volume

I love the sound. I love the sound. I love the sound. I can listen to anything on these headphones and they sound clear, never fatiguing, and never anoying. The bass is there and it is just enough. I'm very happy when I hook it up to spotify with high quality. I'm waiting on the E17 to see how I can adjust the make the bass a little heavier and the treble a touch more extended. I'm very happy though-and I still have to burn them in. Can't wait for the E17 to come in the mail.
djs2005

M-80

Pros: Great mids

Cons: No highs

I like these headphones, I really do! Good mids, I hear things I have never heard before (Brand new - Gasoline) but I don't hear highs like my klipsch speakers. I know that isn't fair to headphones but I heard it it with Bose Airport and those are sopposedly a scam.I paid much lower then any Grado set, so I like 'em. They are portable and I feel like laughing at people who bought anything beats... But...these are not as high fidelety as I'd like. I may not have burn them in enough... but the highs are just not there. If you're considering beats ... don't, these are better at cheaper price. If you are looking for a replacement to a king headphone setup, the m-80 will let you down......
Quadpatch

VModa M-80 - My Favourite Work Headphone

Pros: Good Bass, Sound Stage, Isolation, Stunning Build & Design, Price

Cons: Uncomfortable, Cables Cause Bad Distortion

I have just started writing reviews for headphones, this is my third. Originally posted on my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/vmoda-m-80-review.html        INTRODUCTION VModa started making headphones a couple of years ago and their M-80 model was launched in August 2011. The company strategy has been to fuse fashionable design with high quality audio. There certainly are other companies out there pushing the fashion angle, it's just that none of them sound any good so I forgive your initial scepticism. VModa's aim is to raise the bar for design sure but unlike other companies their primary goal and passion remains with...
IMMANEWHERE

What a Great Heaphone

Pros: Cheap Price, Good SQ

Cons: NONE

Considering that I am a 14 year old with a taste for quality sound and music, I was overjoyed to see the V-MODA M-80 on eBay for $96 AUD... There was one person bidding and I won the last bid so adding to my collection, yet another headphone (I also have the Sennheiser IE8, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, ATH-M50, Grado RS1i).   Loving the design, I also love the look and feel (Light yet Solid) The sound signature to my untrained ears is beautiful  Highs are somewhat recessed for me (Now, you look at the RS1i and compare it to THAT)   But great headphones overall... Can't wait to walk around in these as soon as the new term starts
ThisIsSteve

Overall, an excellent headphone

Pros: Sweet mid, strong bass, sort of good image, extremely durable

Cons: Lack High, can not feel the sparkle. The clamping force is a little strong

Overall, an excellent headphone
leafpad45

Very good portable headphone

Pros: portability (great case), sound quality, detail level, natural sounding

Cons: uncomfortable cables

These headphones are good! They are exactly what I was searching for. Only one thing: the cables are a bit stiff and uncomfortable. I'd pay for sennheiser IE8 like cables!