Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 › Reviews › djs2005's Review

M-80

A Review On: V-MODA Crossfade M-80

V-MODA Crossfade M-80

Rated # 1 in On-Ear
djs2005

Pros: Great mids

Cons: No highs

I like these headphones, I really do! Good mids, I hear things I have never heard before (Brand new - Gasoline) but I don't hear highs like my klipsch speakers. I know that isn't fair to headphones but I heard it it with Bose Airport and those are sopposedly a scam.I paid much lower then any Grado set, so I like 'em. They are portable and I feel like laughing at people who bought anything beats... But...these are not as high fidelety as I'd like. I may not have burn them in enough... but the highs are just not there.

If you're considering beats ... don't, these are better at cheaper price. If you are looking for a replacement to a king headphone setup, the m-80 will let you down... the highs cannot match the big boys :(

Looks like you're a fan of sparkly treble. All comes down to preference. The M-80's are known to be smooth, lush, bassy, and very passive up top, which I love. Good review though, I can see the difference in preferences.
I'd burn them in... Things come in nicely as they burn in and the pads adjust to your ears.