Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 › Reviews › nicholars's Review

not as good as I was expecting

A Review On: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

V-MODA Crossfade M-100

nicholars
Posted · Updated · 18047 Views · 5 Comments

Pros: Bass, durability, look nice

Cons: midrange, comfort

Comfort is not good at all, bass is pretty good, mids are OK but partially hidden behind the bass and feels like bits are missing due to uneven frequency response, treble sounds very uneven as well with a big spike at 8-12khz with everything else almost inaudible behind this. Overall I do not see what all the fuss is about. They are certainly not bad headphones but they are technically pretty flawed and are not really that good for the amount they cost, it sounds like you are missing a large amount of the sound of the original recording. If they were £100 less then I would say they are very good for the money but at this price, the sound quality and POOR COMFORT does not justify the price tag.

What about them is uncomfortable? The M-80s were incredibly comfortable for me, I'd assume similar for these ones (Though I hate how the M-80s sound).
They have VERY shallow cups... So your ears are inside the pads but resting on the speaker cloth, this is ok for about 30 mins but then gets very uncomfortable, in the M-100 thread you can see people trying to mod the pads, this works for the comfort but unfortunately messes the bass up. People say "they are ok for me but I have to take them off after an hour" to me this is no use..
Depends entirely on your ear size, I don't think you can judge the entire pair of cans just by the comfort aspect.
The comfort on them is very bad and the cups are extremely shallow, I have owned or tried at least 50 pairs of headphones and these are by far the worst comfort I have used.
I would say that at least 50% of peoples ears, probably more will not fit inside the cups of these.