Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal Black)

V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal Black)

Rated #69 in Universal Fit

Pros: Sound good, keep going with abuse

Cons: microphone broke, fit isn't great for me

After my purchase of these on sale at Radio Shack, I couldn't get them to stay in my ears for anything. I changed all sizes of rubber insert pieces and nothing seemed to be just right. Then after finally getting them to fit alright, somehow the microphone came apart. But they still work, and after taping it back together with electrical tape I can still use the mic. Let's just say that when using them to talk on the phone, nobody ever complains that they can't hear me, even while I'm riding my bike at 20 plus mph down the windy ocean-side highways near my house. I use them for biking and working around the yard, etc and they are very tough. I hate buying new stuff and unless I don't have to then I'll wear these until they break. I like them way better than SkullCandy or some of the other cheapies, and with the mic option they are very good the Iphone. Sound is above average and noise isolation is good. They're not just another throw away set, which is why I keep them around. Worth what I paid.

Pros: great bass sound is well balanced

Cons: none so far after 4 months

I have to say i have tried and own a lot of in ear phones one my faves are still beyerdynamic that being said v-moda bassfreq are up there and i paid 10 bucks off ebay  nib so i did not expect such quality but i have to say the do kick the only draw back i find is they are a little chunky at the ear but not a problem i have to say its most likely the name that is holding this well built good design set of buds back i know they are a little out dated at this point but as i said they do hold their own against a lot of the more expensive sets i can say that as far as the bass goes its hard to beat , at full tilt no distortion and clear as can be if i was looking for some cheap quality i/e phones these would be the ones if i had known about them , all in all these are very good for the price and if they last any length of time i would say we have a winner ,just one more thing these are very inexpensive and have been comparing them the like of beyerdynamics and  Sennheiser ,Bose, and the likes . all i can say is enjoy !

Pros: Sound, looks, metal build, value

Cons: A bit chunky in the ear

At $30 that I paid for them, these IEMs are unbeatable. You would have to spend much more to get better sound. I prefer these than the Klipsch S4 it replaced, which had harsh high's and muddy low's in comparison and they broke without being abused. So what's so go good about the V-Moda Bass Freq Metal earphones? A lot!

Sound quality is superb, with good overall frequency response and clarity; they're fine to me without any EQ. Good and detailed mid's to high's, and the bass is fairly accurate. Furthermore, the sound is not fatiguing at all.

The build quality seems good with metal casings. I also like the design aesthetics of the earphones although they can feel chunky at times. That said, I find them comfortable enough with good fit (medium silicones are perfect for my ears) and can use them all day at work.

I have the single-button Android version and works well with my phone. They also make a 3-button iPhone/Pod version too. When making calls, I haven't heard any complaints from the people I talk to, so the mic must be ok.

Anyway, they're good earphones, so buy them. I bought 2 pairs.

===== Update 2014/01/02 =====

Unfortunately, I can't seem to comment below. Anyway, I can assure you, 'Aero Dynamik', that I'm a real person who bought these phones and yes, that is my face. Just never had the reason to register before. I didn't talk about myself but I did compare it to the Klipsch S4 that I own and is now broken, which I find not as good as these pair. I suppose I should also mention my other gear that are relevant, which may describe the type of user I am:

MEElectronics Sport-Fi M6 that are very fiddly with placement

Logitech F540 that I use for gaming

Panasonic RP-HC500 that I used to use when I go on business trips

Audio-Technica ATH-ANC7B that replaced the Panasonic

and a pair of Sennheiser RS160 that I barely use but I find very comfy.

Anyway, I'll eventually review some of the above as well at some point. FYI, I bought 2 of the V-Moda's because I lost the first one.

Pros: Bass is controlled, upper mid range has yet to be bested to my ears (in-ears that is), Amazing value

Cons: build design is awkward, uncomfortable after extended use.

Great in-ears. I honestly just typed an entire review on them and my internet crashed. I'll re write it in the future.

I will say this though. They NEED a boost from about 200Hz down. Don't be fooled by their name, they lack bass entirely on a flat EQ.

That is all

V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal Black)
By:

Designed for the style-conscious listener with a penchant for the vivid sounds experienced at the world's finest clubs and concert venues, Bass Freq Metal Audio headphone's premium materials combine to enhance all aspects of the listening experience. BLISS (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) fittings in 3 sizes contour the ear to reduce outside noise and provide deep, yet precise bass. Constructed from a lightweight metal alloy, Bass Freq Metal headphones are also the perfect companion for strenuous activities including working out and running.

BindingElectronics
BrandV-Moda
ColorGunmetal Black
EAN0877653005184
FeatureDeep yet precise bass levels so you can feel the vibe  BLISS (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) fittings contour the ears to reduce outside noise and provide sonic solitude 3 sizes of medical-grade silicone fittings for the smallest to largest of ears Constructed from a lightweight metal alloy
LabelV-MODA
ManufacturerV-MODA
ModelBFMA-U-GBLACK
MPNBFMA-U-GBLACK
PublisherV-MODA
StudioV-MODA
TitleV-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal Black)
UPC877653005184