Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Custom › Unique Melody Merlin  › Reviews › Sorensiim's Review

The PERFECT headphones - for me

A Review On: Unique Melody Merlin

Unique Melody Merlin

Rated # 9 in Custom
Sorensiim

Pros: Sound and comfort, easily driven. VERY musical, yet very detailed

Cons: The wait is unbearable and UM UK are pretty bad at replying to emails

I've taken down my review of the Merlins and will repost it once I get them back. By now it's been 4 months and I've had them in my posession for no more than two weeks out of those 4 months.

Two weeks into the 3-5 week estimated turnaround time for my remolds/fixing and UM have gone back to maintaining radio silence. Not a word, not a single peep, no replies to emails.

I love my Merlins but I'm starting to *really* dislike the customer service (or lack thereof) from UM UK. Just keep me informed, that's all I ask for.

You listen to IEM's 6 - 9 hours a day? Then the price of these is easily justified, in a few weeks you basically paid $5/hr to use them. ;)
I work in IT at the HQ of a large multi-national chain of retail stores. I'm the last stop for those stubborn problems that sometimes occur accross the stores and my job consists of burrying myself in the tasks until we have identified the root cause. I need IEMs to stay focused so yeah - I had no problems justifying the sale of my home rig to pay for these babies :-)
Great review Søren,
Glad to hear you like them! Been tempted by these for a while but I just cannot justify more CIEMs.
Hope you worked out the build issues as well.
IT HQ of a large multi-national chain of retail stores. Please don't be the one I'm thinking of in Stilling, haha.