Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom Reviews

Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom Reviews

Malevolent

Sweet sounding IEM that's great for most genres

Pros: Treble detail, general clarity, good soundstaging, bass texture

Cons: Lacking in accessories, minor issues with finishing

I purchased my Mentors in the first half of September 2014, and actually received them by the end of the same month. In all, it took only 2 weeks from the day my impressions were shipped to the day they arrived in my hands. I didn't pay for a rush order, so someone at UM must like me a lot. Thanks, anyway!   BUILD   The general build quality of the Mentor is decent. These are my first custom IEMs, so I wasn't sure what I was expecting, and what bars are set for fit and finish.   I ordered my Mentors in Turquoise Blue, and they came back looking exactly as how I envisioned in the "Custom IEM designer" tool. I actually requested to have the letters "UM" printed in...
svyr

great flagship with some minor qualms, depending on views and if you like the highs

Pros: mids amount and resolution, sub-bass (especially with EQ), Cable (yes, with a C), comfort and fit, EQability for the lows. Soundstage. coherent

Cons: some build and finish qualms,highs tuning to some 'enhanced/refined' feel, no huge foam tips, maybe the default mid-bass quantity,$$$$,maybe isolation

I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my experience(s) with the Mentor with you. (more or less a summary of the previous impressions, invalidating the initial ones) Many photos can be found here: primary reference point for the pics about build. There are pics of it here - small one solid-ish black with UM logo side by side with other IEMs Specs, buying, FR, etc: Fr chart and buy them from Stephen Guo here . Like others - I can indeed recommend his services. (but think he can push UMLab on QC a bit more ) For universals,...