Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Ultrasone Signature Pro › Ultrasone Signature Pro Reviews

Ultrasone Signature Pro Reviews

dc-k

Very impressive closed headphones - hard to imagine a better portable pair

Pros: Excellent sound stage, glorious brass, easy to drive from a portable player, swapable cabling

Cons: isolation and leakage not to CIEM standard

I've found myself unable to use custom IEMs and needed to find some high quality portables for my three hours a day on public transport. After lots of research and some excellent help from assorted head-fiers, I settled on these.   My music tends to be expansive american 20th century (Copland, Ives, Gershwin), more minimal (Reich, Stockhausen, Ligeti), and female vocal (Dusty, Roberta Flack).   I've been listening to the Sig Pro non-stop since they arrived, and for my head they are as comfortable as any I've worn. My main home headphones are LCD-2 and I love their sound which seems to work very well for my preferred listening, I didn't expect the new ones to match...
justanut

Impressive coming from the Ed8

Pros: Balanced, neutral sounding, bigger ear-cups than Ed8, less flashy, feels durable

Cons: Leather on head-band not very inspiring

Just received these babies to replace my Ed8 for portable use. I must agree that they don't sound as "Wow" as the Ed8 on first listen. Although all the detail is there, the soundstage feels a tad more congested than the Ed8, the upper registers with female vocals have that metallic tinge to them. Thats kinda surprising since I've been listening to the EX1000 the past month or so extensively.   Anyhow, the Fostex HP-P1 can't seem to drive the SigPro as well as I had hoped. Adding on my trusty iQube helps a fair bit with the aforementioned soundstage and tinge. Gonna burn them in (and my ears as well) and see how they go~
Rawdawg3234

Excellent closed cans

Pros: Travel ready, will play through any source easily

Cons: Headband, lack of bass

Excellent set of closed cans and these would be my favorite if only they had a little more punch in the low end. Disappointing for me to hear mediocre bass. Especially in a set of closed cans.
baglunch

Ultrasone Signature Pro review: YES

Pros: Beautiful sound, well built, spartan design aesthetic

Cons: Headband padding bit too thin for my long wearing comfort

I just received my SigPros (bought from a fellow head-fi'er), and now have several hours with them.  They are great headphones.  Agree with most of what everyone's saying about them.  These are the best sounding headphones I have heard.   They don't have the look of the higher priced headphones.  In fact, they look like they'd cost $60-150... which is a selling point for me.  I listen exclusively at work and leave them at work, so having them look like everyone else's headphones should help keep them from getting stolen.  You don't get the "I just paid $1k" wow factor when you look at them, but depending on where you listen, that's for the...
sammcj

First impressions

Pros: low-fatigue, Great Soundstage, Very Fast, Excellent Build Quality

Cons: Slightly recessed vocal range - may improve after break-in.

Running gear: * JDSLabs built Objective2. * HRT Music Streamer II. * Lots of lossless audio and MP3-320. * Also tested with Fiio E17 Other cans I own(ed) that I may be compairing these to: * Grado GS-1000 (non-i) * AKG K701 * Sennheiser HD 25-1 II * Grado SR225i (Modified) * Grado SR80i w/ L-Cush Pads I'm loving having closed headphones at home, and the SigPros are very nice indeed. At first I found them a bit bass heavy however, today is a new day and I'm not noticing it as much as yesterday, This could be me getting used to them (Highly probable) but it could be them breaking in and allowing the mids to sound more freely. As far as closed headphones go I think they are as fast as...