Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone PRO 550 › Ultrasone PRO 550 Reviews

Ultrasone PRO 550 Reviews

NoahZ

I love these (relatively unknown) headphones

Pros: Comfortable, decent isolation, little leakage, strong and deep bass, balanced sound signature, decent build quality

Cons: Short(ish) 1/8 in. cord, no smaller carrying case, folding is entirely unexplained

I'll preface this by saying that I don't exactly consider myself an audiophile. Not yet, at least; this is my first really nice pair of cans, and I haven't really dabbled in other high end audio whatsoever. This just means that I don't use incredibly complex tech jargon or compare to other models the way many other reviewers do. Just something to keep in mind...   ANYWAY, on to the review!   The packaging is nice. A gigantic box with a picture of the headphones, which holds the magnificent carrying case. This case is built like a bomb shelter, it's incredible. I would've appreciated an additional smaller case, maybe just something to cover them during brief storage,...