Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone HFI-680 › Reviews › superduperjew's Review

Excellent audiophile headphones

A Review On: Ultrasone HFI-680

Ultrasone HFI-680

Rated # 524 in Headphones
superduperjew
Posted · 1933 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Excellent ranges, comfort, bass, clarity, 3D/surround, cable length, durability, longevity

Cons: None

These sound wonderful! I am very impressed, they've exceeded my expectations by 10 fold. The clarity and surround sound is blowing my mind, it's almost like I can separate each instrument. The bass is REALLY clear and powerful. I use a Sandisk Sansa Clip which can drive these easily, and allows me to listen to uncompressed audio (FLAC) with an EQ, unlike many other MP3 players. I can't stress the clarity enough. These headphones obviously sound much better when plugged into my Z-5300, which is receiving audio from a PCI Sound Blaster Audigy. I can definitely notice the S-Logic kicking in.

You'll think you are actually IN the game if you play video games. You have no outside interference so all you hear are the game's sounds and you pick up on some you would have never noticed before. When you put these on you can't hear anything from outside, not even your own voice, which is awesome. The sound stage is just perfect. I really can't think of any negatives, except maybe they look kind of funny on your head out in public (not the cans themselves, but the band kind of points outwards).

You really can't go wrong with these, in fact they come in second place in Dave Rat's "The Mighty Headphone Test" on Youtube, only beaten by the much more expensive Denon AH-D2000's (almost twice the price).
/watch?v=uHkb4bhdnRA&feature=relmfu

These are the best you can get in the $200-$300 range hands down.

1 Comment:

just fork over the extra 100 for the he-400. it's another level entirely. or the hd600. but my vote is for the 400