Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone HFI-580 › Ultrasone HFI-580 Reviews

Ultrasone HFI-580 Reviews

Showing 8 4-star reviews (see all 11 reviews)

sbrian30s

Makes all types of music enjoyable. I don't know of a better value for headphones.

Pros: Music sounds great even from poor sources without an amp. It sounds even better with better source and amp.

Cons: Heavy. Makes ears hot in the summer.

Music sounds great with these. They are a little heavy, but I knew that when I bought them. What I did not know was that they make great ear warmers. This is good for winter, but may not be so good in summer. I'm quite happy with them. They don't seem to really need a headphone amp to sound good which is another plus.  They seem to have low listening fatigue. The sound may be on the warm side, but I like that.  I recently tried them with my Bifrost and Parasound pre-amp as 'phone amp and they sound even better than with my Sony NWZE475BLK
BarryAC26

Great for the price

Pros: Bass, isolation when music is playing, attractive, decent sound quality, very comfortable

Cons: lacking mids, ridiculously long cable

These are my first pair of over-ear headphones, and my "nicest" pair of headphones before this were some 30$ skullcandy earbuds which at the time sounded amazing to me. I can't do much comparing to other sets of cans but I can say I am completely satisfied with the quality of these for their price. I have picked up on some things after many hours with these on. The bass is pretty good without being overpowering. I ride the shuttle to class everyday at my university and they are very loud and the engines idle at terrible levels creating very uncomfortable pressure on my ears but since using these I hear virtually nothing from the bus engines. They seal pretty well too even when the...
DavisCup

HFI 580 Review

Pros: Tight bass, sound, stylish, folding aspect

Cons: comfort, can be a bit tinny, long cord

On the overall these headphones crush the likes of Beats and other headphones endorsed and made with DJ's.  They're a LOT cheaper too.   Bass is tightly tuned and sounds awesome without being overpowering.   On the upside, the sound produced is not overwhelming, but brings out the natural tones of the recording.  It can be a bit tinny depending on the file or the music, but you can work with this.   The foldability is fantastic, however the cord is too long for my liking, and they can be a bit hard to wear after extended periods.  Again, you can grow with this.   Very much worth investigating rather than spending up to $400 on a pair of...
LazBro123

WOW

Pros: Amazing, crisp and energetic highs and A LOT of bass (which are clear and not muddy), detailed, durable, look sexy, no amp needed, amazing soundstage

Cons: Not the most comfortable, mids are a bit recessed (though sound great), no detachable cable, cable is a bit too long for portable use

I had experience with many headphones, such as the ATH M50 and HD 380 PRO, and the HFI 580 is better in every aspect. I would pay three hundred for these! The sound is crystal clear in the entire spectrum, and the bass is huge. There is a lot of bass, and it is not overpowering nor muddy. There is so much detail in the bass region, it is almost crisp. They are pretty comfortable when you stretch them out. They clamp so hard on the head out of the box, almost at the same level as the HD 280 PRO. I just stretched them out with my own hands to make them clamp less, and the great part is that isolation is not sacrificed! Isolation is very good, but just a step lower than the M50s, and a few...
bowei006

Bassy all arounder

Pros: Bass, mids, highs

Cons: Bit of sibilance, metalic at times, gets muddy with too much power

Read it here: http://www.pandatechreview.com/ultrasone-hfi-580-review/
Hexidecimal

A good bassy can, the perfect compliment to your mid/high focused arsenal

Pros: Great Bass, Slightly Sparkly Highs, Good Design, Fair Price

Cons: Can be slightly uncomfortable, no removable cord, mids recessed

So it’s been a couple of weeks now since I picked up the HFi-580s and I thought it time to give my impressions. For reference the cans have been tested on the following:   Apple iPad 1st Generation 16GB Wifi Model   Samsung Epic 4G Android Phone   Creative Fatal1ty Professional PCI-e Entertainment Profile, no FX,  through Behringer Xenyx 1202FX Mixer through Foobar 2000 ASIO Playback   My comparison is going to be against my previous cans, Shure SRH440s w/ 840 pads. I will not be drawing comparison to the Monoprice cans, as I haven’t used them enough to draw an educated opinion. So let’s begin.   Packaging: The package for...
crinacle

A worthy upgrade for the M50.

Pros: TIght, clean. clear and detailed bass; sharp and clear mids + highs; unique soundstaging and superior instrumental separation

Cons: Comfort, sometimes uncontrolled highs, lifeless and metallic mids

Ultrasone HFI-580 vs Audio Technica M50 vs Audio Technica Pro700 MKII
Farelistic

ULTRASONE HFI-580

Pros: BASS, BASS, forward highs, clarity, good soundstage for closed cans,S-logic plus, isolation (once music is underway), PRaT (or so I've heard)

Cons: Recessed mids, really long burn-in, really long cord, bits of sibilance

My gateway drug to the realm of audiophilia. Bought them to pwn Monsters, but they do far more. These cans are BASS MONSTERS, with punchy, powerful bass that goes loooooow; They KICK but they RUMBLE too. Word on the street is that an amp does a bit in reigning in the bass so the mids can come out and play. Burn-in took daaays, but after it all I feel like the bass became a bit more tame (EQ and amplification will still easily let out the capacity of this can's lows). They cans particularly rock for hip-hop, rap, R&B, techno, dubsteb, and folk/acoustic. Yes. Folk, acoustic.    go get you a pair.   Fight the Beats hype.