Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone HFI-450 › Ultrasone HFI-450 Reviews

Ultrasone HFI-450 Reviews

MrTechAgent

The Aphotic Ultrasone

Pros: Bass Response , Grain Free , Transparency could be achieved with some EQ , Build and Design - Robust enough , Fantastic Cable

Cons: Comfort , Looks ugly , Crazy missing information up top , sibilance issues - although graphs don't agree , Headband foam is very stiff

There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category  The HFI-450 remains to be one of my favourite because of its unusual characteristics , hard to see in this price range  The first is the grain , its almost grain free , technically it should mean its transparent hence it should image well , well ...it doesn't because of the crazy roll-off in the highs , neither is it 2db nor 3 db its way more than that  I don't mind a dark sound , I love it  ...personally I don't mind it at all , its a nice break from the...