Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone HFI-2400 › Ultrasone HFI-2400 Reviews

Ultrasone HFI-2400 Reviews

HeretixAevum

A pleasurable sounding, solidly built, comfortable, versatile headphone under $200... Can you say "bargain"?

Pros: Great comfort, solid build, removable cable, genre versatility, rich, lush & full sound, kickass imaging, natural soundstage, scales with amping, FUN!

Cons: Stock cables, rollercoaster treble, fragile paint job, overpriced at RRP but a great deal heavily discounted or used

After my disappointing experience with the HFI-580 that left me thinking I would never, ever buy another Ultrasone headphone ever again, I continued on my search for a similarly "full" sounding headphone. I really liked the way the HFI-580 did bass, and it's mids were fine (not amazing, but fine). But the incredibly fatiguing treble response and the bad comfort made it simply unacceptable overall. One day I was perusing some frequency response charts, and came across the HFI-2400s. I was actually quite intrigued by what I saw, and a little bit excited, thinking that I may have found what I was after. It had the moderate midbass emphasis of the 580, but with even more in the upper bass,...
LazBro123

Superb Headphones

Pros: Sound Quality, Design, Comfortable, Non-Fatiguing Sound, Durable, Value

Cons: No 1/8 inch adapter provided

These headphones are outstanding. Sound quality, durability, design and comfort are all excellent. These are open headphones, so these are expected to not have the best noise isolation, but it's acceptable. These sound fantastic out of any source. :) For 300 dollars, these are a steal....... Seriously. Sound: 9/10......The sound quality is fantastic. Detail retrieval, soundstage, imaging, lows, mids and highs are all excellent, as expected with a $300 pair of headphones. Design: 10/10......These look sick. The black and grey look stunning. These also feel amazing and extremely high quality. Comfort: 10/10....... These are the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. The...