Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Ultrasone Edition 8 › Reviews › 04041998's Review

2nd Best Sounding Ultrasone Headphones

A Review On: Ultrasone Edition 8

Ultrasone Edition 8

Rated # 976 in Headphones
04041998

Pros: surprisingly compact, good noise isolation, goat skin travel bag, extension cable, stellar sound, stellar build quality

Cons: lofty price tag

I was a bit nervous when I purchased these headphones. I ordered the Limited Edition of this headphone, which was $2,599! I had a look at the Ultrasone Edition 10, which was $2,749. The build quality and craftsmanship was unbelievable, but the sound did not cut the mustard. It was about the equivalent of a $50 headphone, to be honest. So, I was assuming that all Ultrasone headphones were bad, considering the amount of reviews that I looked at of Ultrasone headphones. The Edition 8 was the only headphone that I came across that got good reviews; especially from CNET. That is when I decided to purchase these headphones. Overall, I am super impressed. They are quite compact, given the class that these cans are in. They provide good noise isolation to keep any noise out if, for instance, you were in an office. They will block out that noise. Anything louder will NOT be blocked out. For anything noisier, I use my Bose QC15 headphones. The quality of the travel bag is great with the goat skin leather. Ultrasone ships a 13 ft. extension cable, which is just long enough for me. The sound is also extremely good. The sound from the Edition 10 was terrible. And the build quality is nothing short of spectacular, as I stated earlier. This is all around, a great pair of headphones. They are absolutely faultless! Or...maybe I said that too soon.

Comments: