Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium › Reviews › tdudnyk's Review

Sound is incredible

A Review On: Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium

Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium

Price paid: $1,000.00
tdudnyk

Pros: Soundstage

Cons: High highs can be a little sharp

Here is the deal. I really don't care how they look. I don't care how they are built (they are headphones for god-sakes). I don't care if they smudge or whatever else. So you won't see me wasting your time reading about that stuff.

I will tell you that on their own, these headphones are good. That is until I made two very big improvements that made these lift off to the moon!

I started listening exclusively to MOG with is at 320 kbps but more importantly than that, it allows me to find really, really good recordings.

Secondly, I bought the bel canto 1.5 DAC/headphone amp. Sweet baby jesus, I could not believe what I was hearing. Frankly, I never heard music sound this way. I have a 10K non-headphone system at home that cannot hold a candle to the sound I am getting out of this headphone combo.

These two improvements made these headphones absolutely extraordinary. I even plugged in my Grado S60 beaters and they made them sound incredible (but without any bass).

These headphones stay on my head for six hours a day and are never fatiguing and no one can hear my music (I listen at my office). I am so stoked on the sound that I am waiting on the asynchronous USB adapter from bel canto called the RefLink. If the sound gets even better, I think I will have a heart attack.

Obviously, you can sense my enthusiasm for this setup. Lana Del Rey sounds like she is right next to me. Black eyed peas same damn thing.

The tight bass on these headphones is really, really nice and the main thing I really like about them. I will trial the Audeze very shortly and if they are a clear improvement, I will get them.

Comments: